MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I go to the Nurburgring several times a year, but the August Bank Holiday weekend is one of the good ones (open both days, good chance of dry weather) and when there is a group of us varying from a couple to 20 riders one year. If you've never been it's an awesome place.

If anyone is interested in joining, we will be booking hotels soon as they get booked up quickly. Sometimes we stay near the track, sometimes we stay in Cochem for the wine festival (about half an hours ride away up the lovely Mosel valley). Our itinery is as follows:-

Thursday night all meet in a hotel in Belgium - most work that day and then ride over afterwards. Some get there earlier (myself included as I'm coming from North Wales), it's up to everyone what time they get there.

Friday morning we all meet for breakfast. Then it's a leisurely ride through Belgium (3 hours to Aachen and the German border), turn right down through Belgium and past Spa circuit, then off the boring Motorway and into the Eiffel forest and lovely roads to Nurburgring. We normally arrive at the track late afternoon to drop bags off, and scout it out and watch whatever is testing that day. It's open for a few hours that night so some get a few laps in as sighting laps, other just chill and go to one of the vantage points to watch.

Saturday / Sunday - either on track, watching from various places around the circuit or touring the fabulous roads in the area (think Welsh roads with far, far better tarmac surface). Saturday night is Pistonklause (Sabines parents place) for the atmosphere and décor, plus the famous steak on a hot rock. There are better places to eat in the area but it's a must go for first timers and it's not bad. One to tick off the list.

Monday moring, set off after breakfast and catch the train back to UK (we normally end up at the tunnel for approx. 14:00).

If anyone would like to join let me know, no pressure on going on track - some just go and only watch and sightsee, it's a steady ride there (I've been caught speeding 3 times in all the times I've been going, so now just stick to the limits) and back and steeped full in motor racing history. We all book our own hotels so you sort out payments yourself - most places you pay upon departure and can cancel up until the day or so beforehand (through Booking.com).

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
will discuss with my management :)

·
Super Moderator
22,051 Posts
Sounds like a great trip!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Sounds great?
And for us non-brits, dates would be nice since we don’t have bank-holiday in sweden?
I would be interested to meet up if possible with dates.

//Jimmi

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Jimmi,

3 nights at Hotel an Brunchenn, most are getting booked up now for that weekend so booked after writing this post.

(Hotel am Brünnchen Adenauer Str. 6, 56729 Baar, Germany)

Friday 28th August to Monday 1st September I'll be in Germany. 6 of us so far (3 bikes, 2 cars).

I will be there Easter weekend (Friday 10th to Monday 13th April) and mid July (17th to 20th) as teaching at Spa on Thursday 16th July.

Hope to see you there for one of the weekends ?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Easter weekend is a nogo for me, we’re having an installation of a production line at work all month.
I will look into the weekend in August and get back about that?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Guess I won't be at the Nurburgring for Easter, some viewing car parks are shut but track is still open (for the time being).

That leaves July and August when I'll be there this year.

For the August dates are you in the same hotel NotThatFast?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Guess I won't be at the Nurburgring for Easter, some viewing car parks are shut but track is still open (for the time being).

That leaves July and August when I'll be there this year.

For the August dates are you in the same hotel NotThatFast?
Yes I’m booked for arrival friday and departure monday.
I/we will be staying at Hotel am Brunnchen, I’ve booked a twobed room for the weekend.
I’m coming and maybe my wife too if she can get away for a week😉
She’s a wee bit crazy with her Dragster and wants to tag along, my biggest worry is that she’s faster than me😄 and I won’t be able to keep up...
But I’m responsible for maintenance and tuning since our trackday years, so I think she will wait for me.
//Jimmi

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Look forward to it then Jimmi, not sure if my wife will be pillion or not, she will know nearer if she can get the time off work.

I'll be at the hotel for late afternoon / early evening and plan on doing a few laps that evening as the track usually opens at 17:00 for 2 hours. I'm hoping the GP circuit will also be open as not done that one yet (queued up a few times but just as I've been ready to go out it's closed for bikes due to the tin boxes getting carried away out there).

·
Registered
135 Posts
Look forward to it then Jimmi, not sure if my wife will be pillion or not, she will know nearer if she can get the time off work.

I'll be at the hotel for late afternoon / early evening and plan on doing a few laps that evening as the track usually opens at 17:00 for 2 hours. I'm hoping the GP circuit will also be open as not done that one yet (queued up a few times but just as I've been ready to go out it's closed for bikes due to the tin boxes getting carried away out there).
👍🇮🇹
Will be fun I’m sure// Jimmi

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi Jimmi,

Obviously it now may be all up in the sir - I've booked the hotel through booking.com which allows me to cancel free up until June 8th I think, so I will decide in the first week of June if we are still going.

I think it will still be on, albeit with some restrictions in place socially. I can also see it being absolutely rammed that weekend too - it's normally busy anyway that time but with everyone losing out at the minute they will all be piling up there for that weekend if it's open.

Only other restrictions that may preclude us is travel and border control, but we have a month or so before finally deciding what to do.

Thoughts your end?

·
Registered
135 Posts
I think the coming month will be an indication of how it’s going to be for me.
Closed borders may absolutely be an issue, how everything is developing in sweden as well on my end. I’m working four days a week for the next 3 months as well and all projects and investments are on hold for the time being so there may well be lots to do this autumn or absolutely nothing at all😔
I’m still counting on going, but not that sure about my wife at the moment, we’ll see about that later on.
If everything fails this year we just have to plan for next instead🇮🇹👍// Jimmi

Going to Gothenburg to help my friend trade his Ducati for a Brutale RR tomorrow, oops did I lead him on....😄

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I still plan on going - it opens next week but with restrictions.

Only accommodation and borders will stop us coming over, but I'm optimistic that it will on, but I am anticipating the restrictions to still be in place (car parks shut).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts