MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The little number plate on my Tambo has the prior owner's name on it. Cagiva says the plates are unavailable. Can that plate be flipped and re-engraved and if so does anyone know who can do it in the OEM script?

I think I read somewhere that a Honda filter wrench fits the F4. Yes? Or do i get the MV one?

·
Ball & Chain magnet
3,027 Posts
if you take a pic of the plate and send/take that to an engraver, they should be able to mock one up for ya.....and yes...the honda filter wrench fits..... but i just use a flathead screwdriver and hammer it through the filter, then twist it loose..... just kidding about the last part :bash:

·
King of Bling
9,809 Posts
lee said:
The little number plate on my Tambo has the prior owner's name on it. Cagiva says the plates are unavailable. Can that plate be flipped and re-engraved and if so does anyone know who can do it in the OEM script?

I think I read somewhere that a Honda filter wrench fits the F4. Yes? Or do i get the MV one?
Hi Lee..

I have a un-registed Tamburini, and the only name currently engraved on the top yoke plaque is "Tamburini " and the number prefix.. The plaque is made of 18 Ct Gold.. Hope this info helps

·
Registered
762 Posts
Djester said:
if you take a pic of the plate and send/take that to an engraver, they should be able to mock one up for ya.....and yes...the honda filter wrench fits..... but i just use a flathead screwdriver and hammer it through the filter, then twist it loose..... just kidding about the last part :bash:
I understand there are different sizes for the honda filter wrench... do you know which one? Thanks!

·
Registered
762 Posts
Sig.Scuro said:
I understand there are different sizes for the honda filter wrench... do you know which one? Thanks!
Never mind, found it through a search! Honda part# is 15410-MFJ-D01 (big thanks to tpadden and others for sharing the info):

thread:

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=9375&page=2&pp=10&highlight=oil+filter

I checked the prices:

Original MV Filter: US$17

Honda Filter: US$15

Might as well get it at the local dealer, however, I guess the Honda filter will work great for those that don't have an MV dealer nearby.

Honda does sell the Oil Filter wrench for that part for US$9... cooler still you can get the filter/wrench combo for US$22.

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the skinny guys. 18 carat eh? Maybe I'll make a braclet out of it for my wife 'cause she's really into my bikes. Heh heh. Don't know about the name though. Is there such a thing as "gold out"?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts