MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 315 Posts

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's that time again...

After a very successful Agusta Musta in June this year, I thought it was time we warmed up again to apply some of the lessons we learned, and arrange an even better event!

So here's what I am thinking.

I am thinking late October 30-31. I am also thinking we make a weekend of it for those who can make it. There will also be some MV types join us in Port Macquarie (outbackbiker + friends) at the turnaround.

So, let's say we head off Saturday morning, and head to Port Macquarie via the Old Road, Bucketts Way, Thunderbolts and the Oxley Highway. Spend a night in Port Macquarie, and then head back the reverse on Sunday morning?

I also propose we make it a family weekend for those that want to get the family to Port Macquaire to meet them for dinner if that works?

For those who cannot make the whole weekend, you can turn around at Gloucester or anywhere else that suits.

So, that's the plan...let me know your thoughts.
:drummer::f4::brutale:

·
Registered
325 Posts
Hey Bro , I'll check with my riding buddy but if your going with the north of sydney route the 23/24 would prob work better, for us!
We leave North QLD on the 19th prob spend a day or so around SE QLD then head south , working our way down to the snowies & wander back up to be home again on the 1st of Nov.:brutale::f4:

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Bro , I'll check with my riding buddy but if your going with the north of sydney route the 23/24 would prob work better, for us!
We leave North QLD on the 19th prob spend a day or so around SE QLD then head south , working our way down to the snowies & wander back up to be home again on the 1st of Nov.:brutale::f4:
Cool - I thought they may be the dates that work for you.

I was worried about those going to Philip Island for the MotoGP the following weekend - and 2 weekends away might be a challenge for them?

Let's see what the rest of the gang think...

·
Registered
647 Posts
so im part of a gang now.... is that legal still?

i should be ok doing two weekends in a row, but i am in my thirties. We'll see how i hold up

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so im part of a gang now.... is that legal still?

i should be ok doing two weekends in a row, but i am in my thirties. We'll see how i hold up
Of course you are, you can be Jesse James, I can be...oh, forget that.

If you can handle 2 weekends in a row, cool. Looks like John cannot make the 24th, so let's wait and see what everyone else says.

Would be good to tie in with that outbackbiker, so we can meet up in Port Macquarie and tell cow stories! :jsm:

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Luke,
How about another Italian marque tagging along.....?
Dan, of course...no problem...will take the heat off Glen when we poke fun at him :naughty:

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Dan, of course...no problem...will take the heat off Glen when we poke fun at him :naughty:

Count both Hope and i in for this. We are both riding down to MotoGP and i would prefer the later date of the 30th-31st. Of late we have almost had no time to relax because of the renovations.

At least if the wife has a Brute for this Musta i have an excuse to tag along once again :) Mind you i have said i'm gunna get a Brute for a while now, should post up a thread.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Count both Hope and i in for this. We are both riding down to MotoGP and i would prefer the later date of the 30th-31st. Of late we have almost had no time to relax because of the renovations.

At least if the wife has a Brute for this Musta i have an excuse to tag along once again :) Mind you i have said i'm gunna get a Brute for a while now, should post up a thread.
Hold off on the thread...we are still getting mileage out of the other one!

So, we have mixed votes for the 23 v 30th...let's keep testing the waters...

Should be a blast if we can pull it off.:yo:

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
I live part time in Port Macquarie, so Hopefully will be around for either weekend. I'll do the Oxley run with you guys and then possibly head back to Sydney with the group.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I live part time in Port Macquarie, so Hopefully will be around for either weekend. I'll do the Oxley run with you guys and then possibly head back to Sydney with the group.
Excellent - will be good to check in with a local and meet in person!

Once we get the dates locked in and some detail, we can sort out RV's etc

Excited about this one!:yo:

·
Registered
325 Posts
welcoming party!!

Hey Luke , Brett wants to know if those chicks in your av , are availiable for the welcoming party when we blow into town??:yo:

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
Excellent - will be good to check in with a local and meet in person!

Once we get the dates locked in and some detail, we can sort out RV's etc

Excited about this one!:yo:
Sweet....I'm moving house a few weeks prior to that, so if all goes smoothly with the move, and if people dont mind a bit of organised mess.... I'd be happy to host a BBQ and drinks at my place for the MV crew.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey Luke , Brett wants to know if those chicks in your av , are availiable for the welcoming party when we blow into town??:yo:
Mmm, anything can be arranged...

Although - they tend to only honour MV types (it's a Dutch thing).

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sweet....I'm moving house a few weeks prior to that, so if all goes smoothly with the move, and if people dont mind a bit of organised mess.... I'd be happy to host a BBQ and drinks at my place for the MV crew.
Sweet...great idea. I am sure we can excuse the organised mess!!

·
Registered
647 Posts
:stopp:Mighty generous of you Ash, have you run this by the new room-

mate, i mean house-master:king: before just throwing it out there?

A crazy bold move on your behalf:ahhh: inviting a bunch of guys and Luke that,

lets face it, you don't know from a bar of soap in the Gropers

shower, to bbq and drink:friday: at your now much-less-than bachelor pad...

...i thought you liked this girl :) :) and thankyou...i'll be there:yo:

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
No problems at all Kieran.
The house master/mistress will be fine.....She'll have to be!!!
It's a huge house and the only way I agreed to buying it and taking the plunge of moving in together was if it were still a bit of an entertainment pad.
.....Not to mention that she's already booked up friends and family to visit from all over the place for god knows how many months in advance..:ahhh:
It will give me a good chance to hang out with the guys and Luke...and talk some shit! Also for us to all catch up in person.
And in all seriousness, she's a good egg so would love to as well. Especially if some of you are bringing your better halves??

1 - 20 of 315 Posts