MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 308 Posts

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
May be you will or May be you won't...but you are definitely invited!

We all know the joys of getting out on the road, and catching up with other people who share our passion, so...

It will be great to get as many MV's out on the road on Sunday May 30th for a run up the old road to Wollombi, Broke, and then back via the Putty Road.

Let's aim for a day trip, with all invited...and a leisurely early lunch in Wollombi or somewhere suitable before straightening out some twisties on the Putty on the way back.

There should be enough check in points along the way to pick up the Newcastle crew and others from around the country side.

With a Sunday May 30 date, there should be plenty of notice to clear out your diaries, get your bike serviced, and purchase some bling.

Let's throw the plan around, and collaborate to make a great weekend happen!!
:yo::brutale::f4:

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Luke

Good idea. I'll try and make it. Can we plan on early start and have a meeting point near Pennant Hills ?
Of course...the sooner we get ourselves organised, then we can arrange the route and RV's etc to make it all work!! Early starts always the go!!

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
some more details for the Agusta Musta

All...I have spent a little time pulling together some timings etc for the Agusta Muster (Musta?) on the 30th May.

Have a look and let me know what you think of the plans??

Also, if anyone has a suggestion for a final meeting place in Windsor, that would be great...last chance to tell stories, share some bromance and plan the next Musta!!
:drummer:

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
All...I have spent a little time pulling together some timings etc for the Agusta Muster (Musta?) on the 30th May.

Also, if anyone has a suggestion for a final meeting place in Windsor, that would be great...last chance to tell stories, share some bromance and plan the next Musta!!
I seem to recall a gas station cum coffee shop at Colo before Windsor?

·
Registered
514 Posts

Luke - looks like a plan.

As per our discussion, suggest all that want to go on this ride PM you with their mobile numbers, then you could send out a group SMS approx. 30 to 45 mins prior to the meeting time to confirm it's good to go (weather wise). I'll send you my mobile now.

John

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
A good meeting place at Windsor would be at Maccas as there are plenty of parking and next door would be a petrol station.

This is a really long ride, and due to the start of winter it needs to be an very early start ie read Freezing and gets dark early by about 4.30 - 5pm. So make sure you have your clear visor on. I got caught once riding in winter at dusk on the putty with my tinted visor and it wasn't funny.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Timings...

A good meeting place at Windsor would be at Maccas as there are plenty of parking and next door would be a petrol station.

This is a really long ride, and due to the start of winter it needs to be an very early start ie read Freezing and gets dark early by about 4.30 - 5pm. So make sure you have your clear visor on. I got caught once riding in winter at dusk on the putty with my tinted visor and it wasn't funny.
Good point about the clear v tinted. I think the timings will work, with most people only really needing to surface around 7am...

I read on the forum somewhere that you F4 types were tough, thick skinned, and did not feel the cold?? :stickpoke

The current timings have us back in Sydney by 2:30, give or take an hour...but we should be good for light.

Will be good to see you there...rugged up and with a clear visor!!

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Send me your details....

Luke - looks like a plan.

As per our discussion, suggest all that want to go on this ride PM you with their mobile numbers, then you could send out a group SMS approx. 30 to 45 mins prior to the meeting time to confirm it's good to go (weather wise). I'll send you my mobile now.

John
Good idea John..so for those who are keen, PM me your mobile number so I can spam, I mean contact everyone prior to co-ordinate.
:yo:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Damn, damn, damn, damn !!!!

I definately want to be there but will be flying out to somewhere in south east asia the day before.
Bloody hell, why do these things never line up?

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Cold weather gear...

Yes i like to come out & play as well.
I hope is not too cold as i don't have any winter gear.
I figure we all have about 6 weeks to raise you some warm weather gear. We can commission a campaign to "keep MVMick warm" - and people can chip in with thermals etc??:violin:

Look forward to seeing you there - and let's ask for warm weather (it is Autumn after all!)

1 - 20 of 308 Posts