MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced my front signals today with the New Rage Cycles LED indicators for 2017 Brutale 800. They are flashing a bit fast and I understand it's because the LED draw a lighter load than the stock incandescent.

My question is, does this bike have a relay or is the flashing controlled by the ECU? I took a look at some online diagrams for both the 2016 and 2017 Brutale 800 and near as I can tell the 2016 had a relay and the 2017 doesn't. Can anyone confirm this? Will I need to add resistance to slow down the flashing?

·
Super Moderator
21,467 Posts
2019/2017 B3 Models Are the Same

The flasher unit is called the Intermittency:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

You will need to add resistance in order to achieve a slower flash rate. Remember, this is a CANBUS bike and electrical changes can be challenging.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The flasher unit is called the Intermittency:

View attachment 460905

View attachment 460907

View attachment 460909

You will need to add resistance in order to achieve a slower flash rate. Remember, this is a CANBUS bike and electrical changes can be challenging.
Thank you for this! Can you tell me where the intermittence relay is located on the bike? Shouldn't I be able to switch out the intermittence relay with something like this?; https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://motogadget.com/shop/en/m-wave-blinkrelais.html&ved=2ahUKEwjxhqXz_tLhAhWHAnwKHThwCDMQFjAAegQIAhAB&usg=AOvVaw0cC2zNUU59Gbh-sq1ISwsK

·
Super Moderator
21,467 Posts
The first image shows the location "on the internal side of the right side panel".

·
Registered
53 Posts
Front right below tank at radiator.

2016-MV-Agusta-Brutale-800-SG-086_cr2.jpg

There are two part numbers listed with MV. One likely Euro with LEDs and the other MAY be US with incandescent bulbs.
You might be able to switch one for the other and not upset CanBus. Contact Evolutionbike or Twinstar (MV parts dealers) to clarify.

·
Registered
159 Posts
If you need resistors PM me I can get you some for cheap, have extra Rizoma ones, they will possibly require splicing in.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you need resistors PM me I can get you some for cheap, have extra Rizoma ones, they will possibly require splicing in.
Thanks. I contacted evolutionbike as per Amplific's comment and they said the Euro flasher unit "might work" but they don't know for sure. In the interest of science, I have one ordered from them and will report back.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just an update. Received the Euro flasher from Evolution Bike and it does not fix the flash rate. Not sure what the difference in parts is but the flash rate is the same regardless of which intermittence relay I used.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Just an update. Received the Euro flasher from Evolution Bike and it does not fix the flash rate. Not sure what the difference in parts is but the flash rate is the same regardless of which intermittence relay I used.
Might have to purchase the New Rage Cycles dual load equalizer. Its cost $20. I had to use this for my tail tidy on my RSV4 when i bought the New Rage Cycles fender eliminator.

It requires splicing, but i was going to solder them in but couldn't find my soldering iron. So i used the supplied quick splices and so far they seem to be holding up just fine.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Had the same issue on my bike 2017 B3 800 and I'm using their LED indicators on all 4 corners. I removed the standard 100ohm 1W resistors they had and replaced it with 47ohm resistors. 10W were too large in the front so I used 5W 47ohm and 10W 47ohm in the rears. Sealed it up with adhesive lined heat shrink tubing and it was good to go.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I finally got a chance to test the the resistors with my new tst BL6 Pod Turn Signals and the work perfectly so I would recommend these.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts