MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Hey that's my beach, Simon.

I surfed the south side of the point yesterday, with the resident pod of 12 dolphins shooting the waves all around. Mid winter. Water 21C.

Bliss!

Attachments

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Hey that's my beach, Simon.

I surfed the south side of the point yesterday, with the resident pod of 12 dolphins shooting the waves all around. Mid winter. Water 21C.

Bliss!
What about those 25 foot long great whites?

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
What about those 25 foot long great whites?
They're up the West Coast of Africa at the moment, seal breeding going on in Mosselbay.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm more worried about being attacked by a 7 foot kangaroo.

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
9,953 Posts
The only thing that would truly scare me in Australia would be running out of dollars when its my shout... ; )

·
Registered
270 Posts
Its always a bit funny listening to people from countries that have bears, lions and other large land based carnivores getting edgy about the bities in australia. With the possible exception of crocs up north there is almost no chance of having something eat you on purpose in Australia - snakes, spiders bite etc generally occur as defense mechanisms and most shark attacks are not fatal, which seems to indicate the sharks don't think we taste very nice.

·
King of Bling
9,817 Posts
Well.... I've got some raccoons in my back yard........:stickpoke
And coyotes in mine.......
The one thing you may have to worry about round here is stepping on one of these :
http://www.reptilepark.com.au/animalprofile.asp?id=109
I've got a snail in my back garden with a rather vicious sense of humour..

Its always a bit funny listening to people from countries that have bears, lions and other large land based carnivores getting edgy about the bities in australia. With the possible exception of crocs up north there is almost no chance of having something eat you on purpose in Australia - snakes, spiders bite etc generally occur as defense mechanisms and most shark attacks are not fatal, which seems to indicate the sharks don't think we taste very nice.
"Most Shark attacks are not fatal"… Phew… that’s a relief off my mind.. There was me being all silly and worried about bleeding to death in case a Great White decided to snack on one of legs..

Australia should come with a Public Health warning or at least a sign that says “ Warning : Humans Stay Away”..

There is a 99.99999999999999% chance of not getting bitten by a Great White shark whilst swimming in Bournemouth Dorset. I like those odds. :)

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
There is a 99.99999999999999% chance of not getting bitten by a Great White shark whilst swimming in Bournemouth Dorset. I like those odds. :)

Unless 'John Prescott' fancies a 'nibble'

1 - 20 of 31 Posts