MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,915 Posts
I agree. Nice and clean, although I'd ditch the iridium screen for smoke.

·
Registered
5,095 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,611 Posts
That bike has been around. Can't decide if I love it or not. The blue iridium screen would have to go. It should be gold.

·
Registered
14,560 Posts
Chuck;
ORANGE and silver?????
with a 312 stripe on it? its a 1000S repainted ....Why?

PASS

:popcorn:

·
Super Moderator
22,611 Posts
Chuck;
ORANGE and silver?????
with a 312 stripe on it? its a 1000S repainted ....Why?

PASS

:popcorn:
312 Stripe? Noel, oh I love this...do some research.....

This is a 312R paint scheme:

IMG_0363r.jpg

:wave:

·
Banned
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
OK Dana, here's your bike. Other than the issues that may exist for having sat in a crate for 9 years, the '05-'06 1000's are beautiful. Others here can expound on the mid-range fueling issues that these bikes exhibited, but it's hard to resist a really low mileage bike with, allegedly, a full factory warranty.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-MV-AGUSTA-F4-1000RR-BRAND-NEW-JUST-OUT-CRATE-FULL-FACT-WARRANTY-/141074856893?pt=US_motorcycles&hash=item20d8b77bbd#ht_500wt_1091
It's ... Nice. And close by. He would not tell me what the reserve is. :-/ probably horrific. I dunno about the warranty. I'm up to 8000 and still have not met the reserve. Once you get to a certain price might as well buy a new F3 675.

·
Banned
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah, I dont see that being a good deal. Its cool that its unregistered but MV isn't honoring that warranty.

Exactly. The warranty started when it was sold and then years later had 500 miles put on it. No way is MV going to honor a warranty many years dated just because its product was kept in a time capsule.

Oh. Local dealer just got in two 800 triples. Pretty. They have a blue one.

http://www.mvagusta.it/en/brutale800?funcax=fnColoursPrice()#colourspricebutton

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
Yeah, I dont see that being a good deal. Its cool that its unregistered but MV isn't honoring that warranty.
The only way MV might have to honor that warranty is if you are sold the bike by an authorized dealer who provides the firstly assigned MSO at the time of purchase. I'd certainly get something in writing from MV USA though.

If the seller is not a MV Dealer, I don't see the warranty as being valid regardless of whether the bike has been 'titled'.

·
Banned
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The only way MV might have to honor that warranty is if you are sold the bike by an authorized dealer who provides the firstly assigned MSO at the time of purchase. I'd certainly get something in writing from MV USA though.

If the seller is not a MV Dealer, I don't see the warranty as being valid regardless of whether the bike has been 'titled'.
I talked to the owner. He's hoping for $12000. Don't see that happening.

·
Registered
14,560 Posts
its got 500 mi on it......IE; not new
and $12K, dream on :jsm:

·
Registered
14,560 Posts
312ish?

Chuck;
i should have said 312ish stripe.....

i prefer the simpler early paint pattern, that said I'm doing mine like Kevin's, red and instead of the silver, carbon, no decals on the carbon,
bar ends, LED indicators in the front vents, Clear Alternatives tail and a homemade license plate bracket with a hidden LED light

·
Banned
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
its got 500 mi on it......IE; not new
and $12K, dream on :jsm:
MV just told me:

Sorry, but the warranty would not be valid. The warranty starts when the bike leaves the showroom. The registration is necessary to track ownership of the bike (and the warranty), not to activate the warranty.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts