MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a new 2006 Brutale 910S today. All they had left was red. Actually met another member of the forum at the shop and he bought the 910R as well. I wanted the silver/red but the price was right. New in crate and was delivered with 3 miles put on her while on the stand.

Trailered her home and got about 30 miles before I stopped for the day. I have a few initial impressions but will wait until break-in is more complete. Feels very fun and nimble. The brakes suck.....they warned me about this and said they would improve after a few hundred miles so I will give teh benefit of the doubt. Gearing is notchy but could tell an improvement in 30 miles so these issue will likely improve. I've included a few pictures and I will post more and more comparisons and thoughts later. Just moved her in next to my 999

·
Registered
803 Posts
Tell me you got it all the way home with the sticker still on the rear tire:) *second pic

BTW: Red Owns!!!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I didn't notice the sticker on the tire until I unloaded it from my trailer. They uncrated and built it today and couldn't take it for a test ride because it was raining. Thankfully the rain stopped or I would have picked it up later. Can't wait to get in some more miles.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I'm actually driving up to Atlanta Triumph Ducati tomorrow morning to look at brutales, according to the web inventory they've got a new 05(s) and new 06(s)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Operating Theatre?

Damn, do you perform operations in that garage on weekends? Anyway, the bike is beautiful and you will enjoy it much more than the Duck. The shift smooths out very nicely after a couple of hundred miles. Behave yourself.

·
Registered
756 Posts
fess said:
Congratulations, both on the new bike and on having the cleanest garage I have ever seen.
+1 :)

·
Registered
503 Posts
Congrats on the new bike, you won't be disappointed. The notchiness you mentioned in the shifting was evident in my Brutale at first but became smooth as silk after the first service.

·
Registered
23 Posts
A new friend

Shade, appreciate your time and effort in guiding me to my new bike. I didn't leave the shop until 5:30, so traffic was gawd awful. I got back home around
7:30, unloaded around 8:30.
Any shot of me posted pics evaporated when I saw these. You raised the bar too high for me to match. I'll put a pic of my bikes up for fun, the Gixxer has a nice coat of pollen that will contrast nicely with the Brutale.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I don't think they have anything left but a 750. you can get it for $10K + s/u. They sold 3 Brutes today. One to me, one to AU and some other guy got another one, I know they are out of 910's. The 750 is an 05, the 06's were 910's. They have 1 750 on the floor, not sure if it's a demo or new. Good luck Bro, hope you get exactly what you want.

zvez said:
I'm actually driving up to Atlanta Triumph Ducati tomorrow morning to look at brutales, according to the web inventory they've got a new 05(s) and new 06(s)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
AU, you got a bad-azz cool bike. I am almost jealous and would be if I didn't feel so lucky to get this bike. I loved the color of the R and I'm sure the brakes are better.

We'll have to ride together sometime, even if you are a fan of the wrong school :) j/k

Give me a call soon

AUbrutale said:
Shade, appreciate your time and effort in guiding me to my new bike. I didn't leave the shop until 5:30, so traffic was gawd awful. I got back home around
7:30, unloaded around 8:30.
Any shot of me posted pics evaporated when I saw these. You raised the bar too high for me to match. I'll put a pic of my bikes up for fun, the Gixxer has a nice coat of pollen that will contrast nicely with the Brutale.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Welcome to the family

+ 1 on sister rather than brother.
Congrats. I almost feel bad for your wallet, hehehe, bring on the mods and the carbon.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts