MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think about getting a group of MVs together in one spot? I'm open to the format - some weeknight to meet for wings or a weekend coffee run. Let me know your thoughts - there are a bunch of owners in the area now so I thought it would be cool to get together.

·
Living the Dream
2,758 Posts
Burg, i have to say that i am happy to see someone other than me taking the initiative to have a meet. with people both in these 3 areas i think it woudl be great to meet somewhere in DC. MV's have met before at Pentagon Mall in the pentagon parking lots. there is plenty of space there and it is easy to get to.

Are we talking about getting together to just chat :jerkoff: or are we talking some riding? :yo:

I can do it on Sunday this weekend, the weekend of April 28th, or the following weekend of May 5th. Lets see some other dates thrown out by people that want to ride/meet. Come on guys!! :stickpoke

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm totally open to whatever people want to do. I'd rather meet somewhere and then go ride, but if people want to just meet up and grab a burger that's fine too. The initial idea here is to see who's around with MVs. A little club action is better than what we have now. The guys up in NYC/CT meet pretty regularly to BS and to ride - not saying I want to hug it out with you guys, but it would be cool to ride with some guys who understand what it's all about to own an MV. I know there are a bunch of guys in the registry in this area - post up here and don't make me find you. :stickpoke

Of course, another idea is to just hijack DC Sportbikes.net Thurs night meets. :devilsmok

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
well, i REFUSE to show up in my 89 toyota pickup, so i'll have to wait until some later dates are proposed. :cussing:

just whatever you do...NO VIDEOCAMERAS!!! :stickpoke

·
Registered
124 Posts
burgesscb said:
What do you guys think about getting a group of MVs together in one spot? I'm open to the format - some weeknight to meet for wings or a weekend coffee run. Let me know your thoughts - there are a bunch of owners in the area now so I thought it would be cool to get together.
I will be in Columbia MD from the 16th to the 22nd April.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Zoom - you gonna have your bike with you next weekend?

The rest of the NoVa, DC, MD crew....can't believe this is all the response there is. NJ crew is all fired up to get together and ride. CT/NYC crew meets almost every weekend at Marcus Dairy in CT. I'm not saying I wanna hug it out with you, but am tired of hanging with the jap bike crowd around here.

·
Living the Dream
2,758 Posts
If you guys do any riding next week on either Mon or Tues let me know, i am always up for a little run. Just shoot me a call Burg and give me some times.

Don't worry Fred, there will on be video or pictures taken while the bikes are sitting still. We have definatly learned a lesson or two about that!! :eek:nthecan:

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think this weekend is going to be out due to weather anyway, but I'd like to keep the ball rolling on this and try and set up a date. Maybe next weekend.

·
Living the Dream
2,758 Posts
Guys, looks like we will have a decent weekend so far to go out for a ride. i will be heading out early on Saturday morning to beat the traffic, approx. 9 am leave time so temps are at least up in the 50's. would love some other MV's to join from the area. shoot me a PM and i will give you my contact information for those in the area that i have never riden with. I know there are some Senna's in the area and would love to see one riding down the road next to my baby!! Let me know, lets hit it :f4:

·
Registered
154 Posts
I would love to meet up with other MV's... I'll be willing to ride down to D.C. for a nice day ride. I just did a memorial run this past weekend, and out of 200 bikes, i was the only one there with an MV. I mean i did feel special but no one to mess with... Let me know what you guys come up with.

Rick

·
Living the Dream
2,758 Posts
That is quite a ride down if you want to make it. i was thinknig about riding up va Rte 15 towards Frederick, MD and making our way around there. If some of us leave this area and head up there it would probably take us anywhere from 30 to 1 hour after getting everyone organized and taking back roads. Just wanted to give you an idea of what i was trying to plan.

·
Registered
154 Posts
:f4: Yeah, i like to explore other roads. I'm just bored up here...

If any i'll make it a whole weekend trip. If the weather is good??

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just when I had all but written off this area, GreenEggs comes through and revives this thread! Kinda sad that the only person that responded is from NJ (huge props to you Rick!!). This DC group sure is outgoing... :stickpoke

I might be in. I'm training for a cycling trip in Italy, but would like to meet you guys out. Any chance you'll be riding in the afternoon?

Last weather forecast I saw was great weather. :f4:

·
Living the Dream
2,758 Posts
B/c i have some possible obligations in the afternoon i will not be able to ride at any time except the morning.

Burg, i don't think an hour on a real bike :stickpoke will hurt all the training you have been doing on your play bike! :laughing:

Rick, the weather is supposed to be great this weekend so if you decide to ride with us on Sat. i can point you to some other good roads that you could hit.

GUYS!!! i know everyone has tons of things to do on the weekend, but a little time out on the bike with other MV's will be a great start to the weekend!! :highclap:

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
you're breakin' my heart chris. but that's ok...you know i have a road that has your name (and silver paint) on it. :D between you, shaun(gixxer 750) and xman(senna), i feel like the summers almost over!! :cussing:

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Greeneggs&ham said:
B/c i have some possible obligations in the afternoon i will not be able to ride at any time except the morning.

Burg, i don't think an hour on a real bike :stickpoke will hurt all the training you have been doing on your play bike! :laughing:

QUOTE]

OK, maybe I can join you guys in the morning. I definitely want to ride.

Chris - my "play bike" has so much carbon you'd drool looking at it, you carbon junky. Carbon frame, fork, bars, seatpost, seat, cranks and other various bits and pieces. Oh, did I mention it weighs less than 15 lbs??

·
Registered
154 Posts
I'm glad to see everyone getting along... I might have to attend a memorial run in Maryland in the morning. Is anyone intersted in joining me? After that we can meet up and go play in playground... I 90% sure that i'll be able to go down there. But ride only an hour?? Common guys, show me something...

·
Living the Dream
2,758 Posts
Burg, you do know that i love carbon, i bet that cycle of yours is pretty damn nice.

As for the ride, i am thinking it will be at least a 3 hour ride from when i get on the bike until i get back to my house. Rick, if you would like to meet up at a certain point we can arrange that by phone, i will shoot you a PM with my number.

Burg if you want, i can meet you at that exxon station we usually meet, let me know a time that works and i will plan a little riding before the time that will be good, just let me know.

Fred, that is a low blow if i have ever seen one done over the internet! :nutkick: lets just see you get that bike all together, it might be tough to see these posts, but it should motivate you to complete the project that much quicker.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts