MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The bracket for my matris dampner that attaches to the handle bar top clamp was machined improperly and has made contact with my gas tank, leaving a slight but noticable indentation. I couldnt have installed it wrong as it just bolts to the bar mount.

Has anyone spoken to them directly? I need to send them pics and see if it can be covered under warranty, I'll post them on here as well.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Some Guy said:
The bracket for my matris dampner that attaches to the handle bar top clamp was machined improperly and has made contact with my gas tank, leaving a slight but noticable indentation. I couldnt have installed it wrong as it just bolts to the bar mount.

Has anyone spoken to them directly? I need to send them pics and see if it can be covered under warranty, I'll post them on here as well.
that is very strange, since mine doesn't come anywhere near the tank

i'm very surprised about this
could they have sent you the WRONG bracket?

is it possible for you to upload a picture of this issue?

thanks in advance

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
The bracket that sits on top of the handle bar clamp will pivot forward with the clamp. I too did the same thing but mine did not make contact. The cure is to loosen all 4 bolts and then tighten the front ones first. This will rotate the clamp and Matris bracket forward and away from the tank. I`m sorry they don`t warn of this because many of us have had this problem. Good luck Eric my friend, Chris.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
cdamb said:
The bracket that sits on top of the handle bar clamp will pivot forward with the clamp. I too did the same thing but mine did not make contact. The cure is to loosen all 4 bolts and then tighten the front ones first. This will rotate the clamp and Matris bracket forward and away from the tank. I`m sorry they don`t warn of this because many of us have had this problem. Good luck Eric my friend, Chris.
i'm glad you pointed that out to him
mine was installed the way you describe at my dealer... during my 600 mild checkup

hopefully, his will be fine after adjusting the mounting

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
798 Posts
Yes, I had the same problem, and followed Chris' advice above and it fixed it.
One more word of caution. USE LOCTITE!!! I lost a bolt on a ride after installing it, and the bolts were torqued down good.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
spalding12 said:
may i ask.... which bolt?
The "D" bolt as described in the directions. It is the bolt that attaches the right side of the damper piston to the right side bracket "arm".

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
anucci said:
USE LOCTITE!!! I lost a bolt on a ride after installing it, and the bolts were torqued down good.

Anucci has a problem with his bike and things falling off. This is what I'm giving him for christmas. :stickpoke

55 gallon drums are sold out!!

Attachments

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cdamb said:
I see what you mean, but I really think that Matris should have allotted a few thousanth's of extra clearance, it just barely makes contact. I am going to try your fix and also will grind down a little bit of material off the arm just to be safe. As far as using loctite, I come from riding harley's for many years, and loctite everything! :laughing:

Here are the pics, does anyone know if mv sells touch up paint?

·
Registered
798 Posts
airfuel said:
Anucci has a problem with his bike and things falling off. This is what I'm giving him for christmas. :stickpoke

55 gallon drums are sold out!!
Thanks John!!!
But now you ruined the surprise. :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts