MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know they aren't great and I don't use them much but I used to have some function. 5500 miles, and tried them and nothing. Resevoir is full, bled them with no change. They stop the tire spinning it on a lift but do nothing to slow the bike when coasting. Pads look new, I'd like them to at least be as bad as they used to be. What is the issue and why does this happen on all of them? Anyone tried to ask MV directly?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Happens on my 750.
It failed the MOT for it. I have changed the brake fluid to racing stuff and it has made no difference.
Mine stop working after as little as 30 miles after changing the fluid and bleeding.....

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
I relocated my rear reservoir up under the seat and have not had a problem since. It is my understanding that the fluid gets too hot being next to the exhaust. The heat takes different properties out of the fluid and makes it worthless.

I realize this is a problem for ALL the bikes but the fix is easy. I spent a hour and a half and $5.00 to take care of the issue.

This upgrade should probably be performed by all MV dealers before the bike hits the sales floor.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can I have some details on this, instructions, pics, whatever you got please? Want to fix it but would prefer not to waste too much time or money on it.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Sure, I'll get some pics taken tomorrow.

·
Registered
29 Posts
When I first picked up my 09 1078 the rear brake was useless but I adjusted the actuating rod and now they work fine, a word of warning on mine I adjusted it a little too fine and started to lockup the rear brake on down hill when trail braking into corners causing the sphincter to tighten Cheers P

·
Registered
6,025 Posts
Wtg

I relocated my rear reservoir up under the seat and have not had a problem since. It is my understanding that the fluid gets too hot being next to the exhaust. The heat takes different properties out of the fluid and makes it worthless.

I realize this is a problem for ALL the bikes but the fix is easy. I spent a hour and a half and $5.00 to take care of the issue.

This upgrade should probably be performed by all MV dealers before the bike hits the sales floor.

Spot-On Coop!!

:drummer:​

1 - 8 of 8 Posts