MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
18,827 Posts
An interesting concept but I see some real engineering challenges there from what I understand of the safety test protocol.

·
Registered
811 Posts
I think the technology for seals is pretty advanced. Just look at car windows and trim. Pretty solid. I would be more concerned about whether the hinge and latch are stronger than the helmet itself. Like the helmet breaks before the hinge and latch do and lock together easily so there is no potential for user error. If they are the weak point than this likely will never make it to market.

On another thought, what's the point? Do any of us really have issues putting on a helmet that it needs to be a clam shell? Just sayin'.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Are people that bothered about noise that they will go for this style of helmet ? that seems to be its key selling point i.e. you can get a much tighter fit around the neck and make the helmet much quieter.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Are people that bothered about noise that they will go for this style of helmet ? that seems to be its key selling point i.e. you can get a much tighter fit around the neck and make the helmet much quieter.
That makes sense. Before I bought my current helmet many of the reviews for different helmets had people complaining about noise with certain styles/manufacturers. Thinking a little more it seems it could be easier/safer to get off if there were an incident where (God forbid) EMT's have to remove it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts