MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I never thought I'd actually have a reason to post here. This should probably go in the Sightings section....but ha! I'm posting in Classics!

Anyway, saw this guy out on the way to Hakone. I'm not entirely sure what it is.... beyond reading the obvious paintwork. That thing was pretty loud. I'm not sure he could tell what I was on, didn't say a word. Barely reacted to a thumbs up. But hey, he's riding a sweet machine... :yo: :drummer:

:conveyer:

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
I can assure you that one thing that bike is NOT is a two stroke Greg. :jsm:

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Could be one of the bikes Arturo Magni made after the MV factory closed based on the 750 S America but enlarged to 850 or 890 cc.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Yes its a magical 4 stroke John, my thoughts are its the 'road' version of the 4 stroke 500 circa 1976,
couple of give aways... the upswept exhausts and the changed fuel tank.... was about the time marlboro sponsorship was going on.
Don't know about this gents graphics...but a big white #1 would be appropriate in that yellow circle!
Was it the last of the great year of MV GP competition?

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
In a word No. I blew the image up and the decal says 832 Super sport so I guess that's what it is. But I wager my wife's knicker drawer that it's got a 4 stroke engine. :)

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
6,448 Posts

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Greg,
Mv made many scores of 2 strokes models, starting with the turismo/lusso's in 1946- 1949, folowed by th Zefiro twins in 1947, hell they even made scooters in 1947 with a 2 stroke motor!
Get hold of a copy of Moto MV Agusta by Mario Colombo and Roberto Patrignani...definitive MV history guide

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
6,448 Posts

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
I believe MV never made two strokes of a capacity larger than 250cc in either road going or racing formats.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts