MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Ball & Chain magnet
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To Be Announced soon.... thinking of late July or so.... thoughts?

Right now the LEO's are heavy on the roads. Blood Mountain is the most watched right now. I got a report of LEO's writing over 300 tickets last weekend, with roughly 40-50 patrol cars throughout the usual backroads.

Tickets were wrote for 5mph over!! :moped:
Our old friend in the helicopter was on site and helping to create road blocks for fleeing riders :jsm:

I know when I got my ticket for improper tag location, the judge stated his aggrivation with the State patrol's and local LEO's for hammering down on what he termed "non-violations" and threw out my ticket (plus 5 others that were there for the same thing).
I do know that the Lumpkin County court house is so small that traffic court is handled out of the Judges office!

So... if anyone heads to the mountains of North Ga, be really careful and watch for the speed traps!

Post here if interested in a mini-meet of T.W.O. for lunch, then a short spin.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Sounds like a pain! Good thing though you can head straight past TWOs and dont turn at the corner store and you head to Telico Plains that way maybe 45min up and you still have good roads and mostlikely away from the Fife's

·
Administrator
20,559 Posts
Good for that judge...glad he tossed your ticket. They probably hoped you would just pay and not fight.
I'm up for a ride. Didn't see any Leos on Richard Russell when I was up there last week.

·
Registered
45 Posts
folks, the wife's family is having a family reunion the week after July 4th, based in Tellico Plains. I'll be trailering both bikes (K1200S & the F4 1000) so if anyone's up for playing guide any of those days I'll be indebted. Hopefully this LEO thing is on the GA side only?

·
Registered
91 Posts
folks, the wife's family is having a family reunion the week after July 4th, based in Tellico Plains. I'll be trailering both bikes (K1200S & the F4 1000) so if anyone's up for playing guide any of those days I'll be indebted. Hopefully this LEO thing is on the GA side only?
Hey Jimmy,

I will be there/home the week before the 4th. My RS and F4 are allready there awaiting my return. Any chance you could come down early and play? Good to see you on this site. Hope to see you soon.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I'm interested to join, but don't really want to deal with the piggers. Live like 30 minutes from Dahlonega, but have only been up in the mountains once this season. Cops are in full force and even the locals help them (several pick-up truck at strategic places which will call you in with the cops). It's a disgusting display of revenue generation.
All clubs I'm a member of (Ducati & Porsche) complain.
We can either just hang out at TWO or alternatively leave early and go somewhere across the State line.
By the way - the one time i was up there there was a cop car sitting at the little lake next to TWO. Waiting for people to leave the parking lot...

Oh - there's a track day at Road Atlanta on July 3 & 4. Want to meet over there ? :f4:

·
Ball & Chain magnet
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'd love to do a track day, but I need to sort out the bike for that. I have also found a small leak coming from ym lower radiator that I need to get fixed :lightning

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hey Jimmy,

I will be there/home the week before the 4th. My RS and F4 are allready there awaiting my return. Any chance you could come down early and play? Good to see you on this site. Hope to see you soon.
Damn, Jim, can't get there until Monday, the 5th and riding the next 5 days. Sounds like we'll miss each other, sorry brother.

·
Ball & Chain magnet
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The Dragons tail is scheduled to re-open on July 31st !!! :f4:

Let's all hope that people dont' start flocking there adn mess it up for the rest of us.

·
Administrator
20,559 Posts
Josh, was up on Richard Russell Monday (had a day off for the 4th and no family plans!!). Saw no LEOs there, but saw a few in other places. I didn't go over Blood Mountain...something in the back of my mind steered me a different direction. :smoking:

Tar snakes on some of Lumpkin County's roads were giving my new Michelins a good test.....slip - grip - slip - grip......:jsm:

They finished the pavement repairs on Richard Russell. :yo:

Let me know the next time you head out. :brutale:

·
Ball & Chain magnet
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I got a lower Rad leak right now.... thought the top was leaking and took it to Sims, they tested it with no problems. So I put it all back together and find out it's the bottom one leaking :shitfan:

I have a small project coming up :devil::p and I'll be fixing a few niggles on the bike. I'll let you know when I'm back and fit for riding.

·
Ball & Chain magnet
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The Dragons tail is scheduled to re-open on July 31st !!! :f4:

Let's all hope that people dont' start flocking there adn mess it up for the rest of us.[/QUOTE
Edit:
The Tail of the Dragon is........... OPEN !!!!!! :drummer: :yo: :drummer: :f4: :f4: :hitit: :smoking: :) :naughty: :f4:

Ride carefully if you go out... cops are still there writing tickets.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Josh do you stay up there when you go up and ride? Or you leave super early do a day ride and head back down? maybe since Im coming in early to the Bubba II to would want to do a ride one of those days? I would even get to the Chevron on the way to Suches stupid early and we could ride up there? It could be painful but worth it or we could meet and trailer up.

·
Ball & Chain magnet
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Lets plan on meeting up really early and trailer up. I can take the day(s) off and that way we'll stop and get some food/drinks on the way back.
When it gets closer to the date, we can start a thread and see if anyone else wants to join us. I have room for 3 bikes in my trailer.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Copy that. I have a trailer also so i could always just meet and swap it into yours or whatever you feel like doing. If no one wants me to haul their bike to Bubba II I will just throw it in the back of the truck. no biggie!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts