MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all!
I am thinknig of trading in my ZX14 for a 2006 brutale 910S. I am new to the forum and haven't had much time to research it, but what are some obvious, need to be fixed items on this series of bikes? I know some are having problems with a faulty fuse box right? and some sort of oil leakage from some mysterious orifice? Anything you guys have to say will help me greatly on deciding!

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Welcome aboard. Make the trade, you won't regret it. If it has the cat on it you will want to get rid of it and get a mid pipe. You won't know about the ecm until it goes bad. Some don't.

I don't know about oil leakage, but if you over fill the coolant bottle it will overflow.

CAG

·
Administrator
20,022 Posts
Oil leak???? nope....where did that come from?....later models electricals seem better...mine certainly has been trouble free (knock on wood now that I've said that). Early Power Supply Units (relay/fuse box..aka CDI) may or may not be problematic.

You're going to love it.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Haven't had mine long but i cant get this stupid grin off my face!:)

·
Registered
341 Posts
I have a 2006 910s and have had no problems what so ever with it, I have however taken one of the throttle return springs off, which makes the throttle action a little lighter, set the suspension up a bit softer and put a mid pipe and arrow shorty exhaust, with a power commander on, to sort the on off switch that was the throttle. These are all things I didn't have to do, (nor should have had to) but they have made a big difference to the rideability of the bike IMO. Even without doing all that the Brutale is a scream and I'm sure you'll love it, :smoking:

·
Registered
270 Posts
my cylinder head gasket leaks but maybe it is from a crash only had one ;-)

has anyone experience with changing it. is it just screw the top off and change the gasket? or has the engine to be readjusted afterwards???

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
Remove the throttle return spring as mentioned above. Depending on how your fueling is, midpipe + powercommander helps (or full exhaust system). That cat is like 50lbs!

·
Registered
134 Posts
I've had electrical problems with my 2005. But, the bike is an absolute blast to ride. It is worth it. You won't ever ride anything like a Brute. It is an exotic bike. Be prepared for some caveats though. All bikes have them. The electrical problems can be resolved with a new fuse box. It is getting it that is the problem.

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Be prepared to have the ladies all over you......

1 - 11 of 11 Posts