MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didn't see a place for noobie intros, so I figured I'd post here. Got back into riding about 4 years ago, and saw and fell in love with the F4 about a year ago. I ride a Kaw ZZR1200 now, and the plan is to steer that more 'touring' and add an F4 for 'serious' riding. Figured I'd register and learn between now and the time I get it.....

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
blade007 said:
Indeed Welcome aboard, you wont regret the purchase when you get it.
I take plenty of time leading up to buying, and generally avoid buyer's remorse. Glad to find a place to get more familiar with it before I buy!! The Senna is where I'm aiming right now.....

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
103 Posts
i just bought my first mv yesterday. couldnt be happier with it. handles great and feels like your sitting inside your bike instead of on it. rode with a friend looking at bikes and he couldnt talk to the dealers because they were drooling on my bike. you will love it.

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
Ah... also welcome and congrats!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys...'preciate the welcome!!

Morgan, I can totally understand...my natural reaction to seeing an F4 is Pavlovian...mouth starts watering and I get tunnel vision! I have no time frame on making this happen, but this is actually the first vehicle I've ever decided to buy before it was a financial possibilty. I've dreamt of many, but this one I have made up my mind to get as soon as reasonably possible - unless of course you guys talk me out of it ;)

A friend through the ZZR site has a Mille, an F4, and a ZZR - Flash, Dash and Stash, repsectively, and he loves them all - I haven't got bit by the twin-bug yet.

·
Registered
103 Posts
i also have a mille. i love it as well. its a little more comfortable and with my tigcraft pipes on it sounds great. i have a yamaha r1 also but i think its about to be for sale.

·
Registered
328 Posts
petezzr said:
Thanks guys...'preciate the welcome!!

Morgan, I can totally understand...my natural reaction to seeing an F4 is Pavlovian...mouth starts watering and I get tunnel vision! I have no time frame on making this happen, but this is actually the first vehicle I've ever decided to buy before it was a financial possibilty. I've dreamt of many, but this one I have made up my mind to get as soon as reasonably possible - unless of course you guys talk me out of it ;)

A friend through the ZZR site has a Mille, an F4, and a ZZR - Flash, Dash and Stash, repsectively, and he loves them all - I haven't got bit by the twin-bug yet.

You can scoop up an older F4 for 10K (or less) if you do your homework.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It would appear I've found another great site!! thanks for the input guys!! I know finding the site for the ZZR, and meeting/riding with guys made a major difference for me in my enjoyment of riding, and it seems you guys are just as good!!

psperl - any deals on Sennas??

·
Registered
328 Posts
petezzr said:
It would appear I've found another great site!! thanks for the input guys!! I know finding the site for the ZZR, and meeting/riding with guys made a major difference for me in my enjoyment of riding, and it seems you guys are just as good!!

psperl - any deals on Sennas??
Hahahaha!!! Start saving.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I am...plans are to wait and work and get what I want...no compromising on this one. I have a bike that I like, so I don't have that urgency. I just know what I want to add, and I'm prepared to wait til I get what I want.

Thanks, Lord, I'm already learning...I didn't know there was a Senna in '02! They did make some subsequent changes I see....

For now I'll lurk and learn....so far overheating seems to be the biggest gripe...and a throttle like a light switch, but that seems easily rectified. If that's all the chronic problems are, I see nothing to sway me...This won't be my 'daily rider' anyway.

·
Registered
328 Posts
petezzr said:
I am...plans are to wait and work and get what I want...no compromising on this one. I have a bike that I like, so I don't have that urgency. I just know what I want to add, and I'm prepared to wait til I get what I want.

Thanks, Lord, I'm already learning...I didn't know there was a Senna in '02! They did make some subsequent changes I see....

For now I'll lurk and learn....so far overheating seems to be the biggest gripe...and a throttle like a light switch, but that seems easily rectified. If that's all the chronic problems are, I see nothing to sway me...This won't be my 'daily rider' anyway.
The '02 senna is a 750 and the '06 a 1000.

You're right not to worry about chronic problems. I live in NYC and I haven't had the bike overheat yet, but the 1000's are worse than the 750's I suppose.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Nice to have you here guys, welcome to the site. :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts