MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning everyone, my name is Mike and I am from Connecticut.I am proud new MV owner. I just bought a 2013 Brutale to use as a track bike. I am a former road racer turned track day instructor. I am not new to Italian bikes.. I have had a few Ducati's and my street bike is a multistrada. I am looking forward to making this MV alittle more trackable. I just bought race tires and looking to ditch the street stuff. Why not get a F4 you ask? Clip ons bother my shoulders after a few hours of instructing and always looking over your shoulder for students. Can't wait to learn more about these wonderful machine's.

·
Super Moderator
21,447 Posts
Welcome Ducman....which Brutale? B3? B4?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
4, 1090. She is alot faster then my old Suzuki sv650 race bike haha.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Welcome to the madhouse.

Lots of us here first time MV owners (myself included).

Why don't you slow down and let the students overtake you - that way you won't get neck / shoulder ache....🤣

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sometimes I let them feel like they can pass me lol. My main reasons for a bigger bike is everyone had a bigger bike than me. So i was riding really hard to keep up with students om s1000rr bikes on my little sv. This should level the playing field

·
Super Moderator
21,447 Posts
As you know...those Big Bike Boys are only fast in the straights....:smoking:

You should thoroughly enjoy the B4 on the track.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I need to sort the suspension and I plan to ditch all the street stuff. I found a nice front nose fairing I want to pick up too.

·
Super Moderator
21,447 Posts
I need to sort the suspension and I plan to ditch all the street stuff. I found a nice front nose fairing I want to pick up too.
When you get ready to sell parts, I want your headlight.....

(There is no such thing as a nice nose fairing on a B4.....LOL:brutale:)

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I found a brutale challange replication. I thought it looked ok?

·
Super Moderator
21,447 Posts
I am sure it does look ok...and you'll need it with the absence of the headlight.

·
Administrator
18,854 Posts
Welcome to the family @Theducman ...... The Brutale can be a blast on the track. A wind blast on longer tracks where top speed get high, but a blast to ride as well. The Challenge windscreen is a good option.

Taking off and selling the street only parts? offer them here before you go eBay.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I will absolutely offer the street stuff for sale on here first. Anyone know if the challenge windscreen is sold state side at all? I only found it in the UK.

·
Administrator
18,854 Posts
I will absolutely offer the street stuff for sale on here first. Anyone know if the challenge windscreen is sold state side at all? I only found it in the UK.
It was at one time... by MV dealers who ordered it for customers.

Doubt any loose ones are lying about. I know a (not active) forum member in Indianapolis who built the entire challenge package, engine kit and all (parts purchased through Ferraci). It was fast, and pretty !!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I really like the belly pan too. But my first order of business is to ditch the headlight

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
And so it begins, took the rear signals and plate holder off lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts