MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my "R" last weekend and noticed what I think to be an unusual amount of gearbox noise at idle. At first I just thought it was exhaust noise from the headers or something, but when I pull the clutch in the noise goes away. My F4 750 didn't have this kind of noise, but it had fairings to muffle any motor noise. Anyone else notice this? Is this Normal? I'm not too worried, just curious how noisey these boxes are......?

Thanks

·
Registered
304 Posts
huskynox said:
I just picked up my "R" last weekend and noticed what I think to be an unusual amount of gearbox noise at idle. At first I just thought it was exhaust noise from the headers or something, but when I pull the clutch in the noise goes away. My F4 750 didn't have this kind of noise, but it had fairings to muffle any motor noise. Anyone else notice this? Is this Normal? I'm not too worried, just curious how noisey these boxes are......?

Thanks

I don't find gearbox noisy... it's actually very smooth shifting.

I think it will get better with more miles.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
that sounds like the clutch making noise. can a wet clutch do that? anybody? :stickpoke ?

·
Registered
571 Posts
How's your oil level?

The sound should differ when the clutch is engaged and vice versa....

But how loud is it?

·
Registered
181 Posts
I just traded my B4 750 for a 910 and noticed the difference also. I wasnt sure if it was normal but I'm hoping it has something to do with the lighter flywheel and internals of the engine.

·
Registered
304 Posts
curi0usmind said:
I just traded my B4 750 for a 910 and noticed the difference also. I wasnt sure if it was normal but I'm hoping it has something to do with the lighter flywheel and internals of the engine.

VJ,

with the service that Agusta provides... who cares??

Are you up for a ride to Bear Mountain next week? How's your break in going?

·
Registered
261 Posts
ks9mm said:
I don't find gearbox noisy... it's actually very smooth shifting.

I think it will get better with more miles.
The transmissions definetely get smoother over time. I have about 2300 miles and it is shifting like butter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts