MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello
I have f3 675 2016 with 1200 km
Sometimes when i startup the bike in work temperature the engine make wired noise like something loose there. After some gas blows thats fix but still vert wired..
known issue or just italian bikes noises ?
Thank you a lot

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Check cam chain tensioner is working correctly. It should be done by a competent technician.

·
Registered
95 Posts
There is a bit of clutch rattle at idle on the 3cyl bikes.
If you're expecting Triumph turbine like sounds you'll be worried every time you start up.

·
Registered
582 Posts
As 2wheelsagain said, it is quite normal to have a bit of rattle.

But the term "weird loose noise" could be interpretted differently by different people. Best to take it to your dealer to check out if it is really concerning.

If that isnt as easy as said, then I probably suggest to record it so we can hear what you are talking about

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
i dont think thats from the chain..sounds something deep inside the engine..
anybody know something ?
The cam chain is inside the engine :stickpoke

·
Registered
189 Posts
Has it got worse since you have owned it?
As mentioned above I also had a Triumph triple before my MV. I went for a test ride on the Turismo Veloce, when the dealer started up his demo bike I thought it didn't have any oil in it. Sounded like a coffee grinder full of ball bearings. My bike did quieten down a bit after about 1500 miles.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Has it got worse since you have owned it?
As mentioned above I also had a Triumph triple before my MV. I went for a test ride on the Turismo Veloce, when the dealer started up his demo bike I thought it didn't have any oil in it. Sounded like a coffee grinder full of ball bearings. My bike did quieten down a bit after about 1500 miles.
The latest engines have a new hydraulic cam chain tensioner instead of the previous manual version. I'm wondering if that could be a contributor to the startup rattle? My '16 F3 675 RC does the same thing but quiets down after it's warmed up.

·
Registered
445 Posts
My Rivale is noisy till I pull the clutch in.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
The latest engines have a new hydraulic cam chain tensioner instead of the previous manual version.
You sure about this, I'd like to see it.:popcorn:

·
Registered
265 Posts
You sure about this, I'd like to see it.:popcorn:
Here's the one on my '16 675 RC - Doesn't look at all like the one on my '13 F3 675..or the one in Sec D, p. 9 of the engine manual. No way to adjust it, just a big black hex head staring at you. Even the boss on the head looks different. A quote from the Dragster RR engine write up on the MV web site: "The constant quest for perfection in every detail has led to the development of a new hydraulic chain tensioner, which makes the engine both quieter and more reliable." Star Twin MV parts also lists a Hydraulic Chain Tightener P/N 8000B9939 as a MY16 item vice the P/N 800089446 tightener for MY12/14.

Attachments

·
Registered
265 Posts
Thanks for that mate. I wish I could get my hands on the later manuals and parts lists.
Me too. Nothing in the current shop manual on ABS, new gear position sensor, new chain tensioner, new head design, possible wiring updates, new display, etc. etc.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
How does the hydraulic cam chain tensioner work? Is it a plug and play installation on the older bikes?

Does the older cylinder head accommodate it?

·
Registered
265 Posts
I want the hydraulic chain tensioner now!
The new tensioner doesn't appear to me to be capable of a retrofit. The head casting is different on the '16 (see the pic above in one of my previous posts in this thread).

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Thanks Mike! Thats what I was asking, wonder if there is a oil passage in the head to provide the hydraulic pressure.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Thanks Mike! Thats what I was asking, wonder if there is a oil passage in the head to provide the hydraulic pressure.
Waiting for the new Shop/Engine manuals, hope they're still making them. EvolutionBike just told me available in 50-60 days...we'll see..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts