MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is with great sadness that I write of the passing of a good friend to me, MV, and many others.

Noel passed on Monday March 15, 2021 from what appears to be complications from treatment of a liver and kidney issue.

His sister, Clare, will let me know the details of a possible ZOOM type remembrance service as soon as she can get something arranged. I will post those details here but, That may be awhile as this was very sudden.

Meanwhile, enjoy life and share your pictures and memories of one who certainly lived life well and was his own man.

I will greatly miss The Curmudgeon.

Premium Member
Very sad news! I will miss his commenting as there was no equal to him 馃槩馃槩

Registered
Terrible news. Somehow those two hour plus phone calls about absolutely nothing important don鈥檛 seem so long anymore... I鈥檒l miss you buddy.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@MV Arthur: Those phone calls...or lack thereof...caused me to have grave concern. I had last spoken to him on March 2, and, since we talked about 2 or 3 times a week on the regular, I was curious when I hadn't heard from him in a week. At the two week point, I started trying to get ahold of him. I had no way of contacting his family to see if he was ok, so I started by texting him and calling him on his home and cell numbers every day hoping he was just in the VA Hospital and he'd reach out when ready.
By the time yesterday rolled around, I had not heard from him, so I called his local VA Hospital and they had no information to give me. So I called the Palo Verdes Estates Police for a wellness check.
Three of the PVEPD's finest went to Noel's home...and his neighbor's home...to beat on doors and see if he was OK. What I didn't know was the recent manhunt in the area had everyone on edge, so Police knocking on doors in the early morning got people a bit scared. Noel's sister, Clare, was at his house and told the officers the story and they called me back.
I spoke with Clare last night and I'll pass on details as they come available. What I think I know now:

Basically, he was fighting a liver and kidney malfunction for several months. That led to fluid build up in his body which the local VA was treating with a Paracentesis Port to drain away excess fluid. The current belief is that he probably picked up an infection via the port and he couldn't fight that.

Registered
Fucking gutted.
it was also in the back of my head that we hadn鈥檛 talked in a month or two, I tried calling him about three weeks ago but didn鈥檛 get anything or reply, this breaks my heart.

Registered
Sad news. He will be missed. He was a great resource to our forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Reactions: PunyJuney

Premium Member
Thank you Chuck.
鈥擧aving trouble with words.

Registered
2005 F4 AGO 2017 TVL RC
I don't cry about many things but I will cry for him. He had a rough edge but was such a good person. Iwill miss him

Wing Nut
Left us much too young. Last spoke first part of March and he sounded good and upbeat, in spite of the ongoing health problems.
Noel will be missed...... Always wearing shorts.

Reactions: PunyJuney

Premium Member
Condolences from Jake. I just sent him a text seconds ago.

Registered
Very sad news.
I had the chance to meet him in person in his house in California during my trip through the Southwest.
Condolences to his family....

Registered
Noel. Our friend. Our MV Brother. Such a shocking and saddening surprise.

I have to admit I hadn鈥檛 spoken with him in months, probably because most of our conversations were extensions of forum topics, and I hadn鈥檛 been very active in the past year or so.

One of the last of a breed of people whose first instinct was still to dial your phone number at any time rather than just texting you, Noel was a champion of expressing himself and sharing thoughts by voice. He wanted to hear you, not just read your comments.

I could almost always guess when I clicked 鈥楶ost鈥 on certain comments that I made on the forum, that my phone would ring a minute or two later with Noel on the other end.

My first question was typically about his Mother, whom he always reminded me not just of her age, but her strength and stamina.

Our talks were, I suppose, similar to those he had with others, and tended to run a huge range of topics 鈥 from motorcycles, wrenching and racing, to guns and various munitions (not really the politics of it, but more the manual of arms, gun design, and shooting experiences kind of stuff), to life in the 60鈥檚 and 70鈥檚, and to present day attitudes and actions of our fellow humans.

Noel shared stories. Lots of great stories. He was a raconteur whose voice and stories could lighten your day, engage you in thought, or I suppose, infuriate you if you took his words too seriously or took exception to his somewhat repetitive nature of commenting and storytelling.

He was never one to shy away from offering his opinion, and as we tended to be somewhat like minded on the usual controversies of the day, he pulled no punches when it came to telling me what he thought. I鈥檝e always connected with people who had no interest in political correctness, and Noel was certainly in that base camp. As such, many of our conversations found me laughing until it hurt.

I hope he knew that the countless phone calls and the time he took to befriend and keep in touch with people is just a rare and admirable thing.

I鈥檒l miss his stories. I鈥檒l miss his conversations. I鈥檒l miss Noel.

Noel, I hope you鈥檙e starting the next 50,000 miles on your Brutale, and it鈥檚 as trouble-free as the last 50,000. Enjoy the next road. Godspeed!

Registered
While I didn't know Noel very well, I do know one thing about his life, and that is that he was, in every sense of the word, a true MV Agusta enthusiast!

Noel in French can mean "good news". I pray he knew the one true God.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Reactions: SouthrnSmkd
1 - 20 of 69 Posts