MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a few minutes ago I left work and started my bike (2012 1090rr). When I was finishing putting my gear on a coworker came to chat. I switched the bike off while we chatted for ~10 mins.

Now when I go to start the bike, I pull the clutch lever, press the ignition and get nothing.

Any thoughts on what to check first? My first instinct is the clutch sensor, as it's filthy and it's given me problems in the past. I'm going to find some contact cleaner and give it a try. Is there a way I can easily bypass the switch to see if that's the issue?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Just a few minutes ago I left work and started my bike (2012 1090rr). When I was finishing putting my gear on a coworker came to chat. I switched the bike off while we chatted for ~10 mins.

Now when I go to start the bike, I pull the clutch lever, press the ignition and get nothing.

Any thoughts on what to check first? My first instinct is the clutch sensor, as it's filthy and it's given me problems in the past. I'm going to find some contact cleaner and give it a try. Is there a way I can easily bypass the switch to see if that's the issue?

Thanks in advance!
Sorry if this is an obvious comment, but you didnt push in your no-start buttin in by mistake?

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
The switch on my clutch lever plays up every now and then. I wiggle the switch ( the pointy bit that sticks out when you pull the clutch lever) and it works again....

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@greminn
Nothing is too obvious to mention! But yes, that's the first thing I tried.
(I've made that mistake before!)

I tried messing with the little pointy bit, cleaning it as well. I tried using a paperclip to short the leads in the connector to the switch and no luck. I guess it means something else up up, eh?

·
Premium Member
818 Posts
Sorry if this is an obvious comment, but you didnt push in your no-start buttin in by mistake?
Ha, I did that on my Raider once. I just kept pushing the starter button like it was going to suddenly be different. It's embarrassing to admit but hey, we're all friends here.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I had the bike towed to my dealer and they're going to take a look. Thankfully I have roadside assistance to cover the bike and my car, and the bike is still under warranty.
No cost to me!

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
So side stand switch and neutral switch at the next ones to check. I remember one day helping a guy who couldn't start his Brutale, it was in neutral but the light wasn't on (sun was too bright to see/not see it!). Knocked it into first, back into neutral and it fired up after that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts