MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well,what can I say,travelled all the way to sydney for the moto show,and guess what ,not even 1 mv in the whole bloody place.Now there where crap loads of people there,the biggest city in australia,and benelli was on fire.Now you really have to read behind the lines what is going on here,what is mv agustas financial state,etc etc etc,I had a bloody good look around at the show,they were even selling shoe wax,these people had there spot,but it seems the importer had no interest in showing of the mv range .very bloody pissed off.

regards eddy
:bandit::bandit::bandit::finger:

·
Registered
277 Posts
Spot on Eddy, thought they'd have a stand at the GP too, doesn't seem like they're trying to push the brand at all does it? What's goin' on MV Oz?????

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Spot on Eddy, thought they'd have a stand at the GP too, doesn't seem like they're trying to push the brand at all does it? What's goin' on MV Oz?????
TrooperLu's did mention in other threads that there will be no MVAgusta stand...(hopefully) they are spending that "no-show" money instead on better parts distribution, R&D, etc...:smoking:

·
Registered
207 Posts
Again No Show

same thing here in CA. no show, that really sucks. i under stand where u are coming from. maks no sence. the dangle the string. are they closing down or what? :smoking: :jerkoff: :jsm: :cry:

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Bizarre ....and that's in Ozzie's biggest metropolis / market ???

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Would love to be a fly on the wall to know the real story on this.
The advertising budget seems OK, judging by the magazine ads...and the test bikes fettled by Trooper Lu is getting the article count up too.

I would think that the issue is more supply related, if you can sell everything that is imported, why bother doing too much brand grandstanding at a m/c show?

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Would love to be a fly on the wall to know the real story on this.
The advertising budget seems OK, judging by the magazine ads...and the test bikes fettled by Trooper Lu is getting the article count up too.

I would think that the issue is more supply related, if you can sell everything that is imported, why bother doing too much brand grandstanding at a m/c show?
Yes,this is true,for the short term,but there will come a time where supply outstrips demand,No exscuse for not being there,harley sold them back the bloody company for 1 dollar,they had no debt.but it seems they are up to there old tricks again,I love this bike and hope it continues on.

·
Registered
56 Posts
yes edward i agree , i was also at the international event in Sydney . After a discussion with one of the representatives on hand , it seems that the issue is in the attitude either from the importer or mv head office . the attitude is we don`t care about these things , if you want an mv then by one if you don`t want one then don`t buy one .
This mindset is so arrogant and obsurd it is the perfect recipe for disarster . There is good reason why every other manufacturer was represented there , that is they know the importance of such an event with thousands of bikers and potential sales passing through . It is pretty simple , if you want to stay in business then you need to sell bikes , if you want to expand and grow the business then you need to sell MORE bikes .
As an existing customer i was extremely disappointed and emarressed at the lack of representation from MV AGUSTA .

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Rome wasn't Built.......

Yes it was disappointing, I don't know the full story only snippets & no use parading those here as undoubtedly we will put 2 & 2 together and come up with 7.589.

I do believe though that attendance without an F3 or B3 would have been a waste of time and money as they are the bikes attracting all the media & public interest at the moment as shown at EIMCA.

That's the reason I didn't go - I knew MV wouldn't be there, so I saw no point.

It's a difficult rebuilding job after the wreck that was inherited - things are moving in the right direction - I for one am happy to give MV Agusta Imports time.

·
Registered
56 Posts
:conveyer::)MVista the f3 and b3 may be attracting attention in europe, however there is no consumer money there . australia is the only country in the western world that has a solid economy .
If you buy the current edition of two wheels the brutale 1090rr is featured in there, again using the show and the magazine feature in parralell could have been priceless. The idea is to introduce new buyers to the MV products available present and future . there are a hell of a lot of people out there in australia that have never heard of MV.

It is my understanding that a reasonable stand would cost approx $ 15 to 18K( not exactly bank breaking ). Some presence is better than none 2 + 2 = 4 = $. They did not inherit a wreck , they created it , that`s why they sold it . When they got it back effectively for $2euro , no debt and all the R&D Harley paid for , they should be picking up the ball and running with it . Time only translates to $ and success if used wisely .

then there are the existing customers to consider and hold on to .

No offence intended to anyone

·
Registered
7 Posts
I too was disappointed at MV not representing. I don't own one, but I'm assessing my options, and will probably put $ down in the next few months. Of my options (Brutalle, Speed Triple, Guzzi Sport, Benelli (but only after the show) & Tuono), the only one I couldn't drool over was the Brutalle - such a pity.

I did ask an acquaintence ( that's connected to the MV distribution network in Oz) why. It seems someone made a call not to represent because they didn't have any of the new range available in Oz. The concern being that if they showed the "older" models, it might reflect badly on them, and therefore have a negative impact on the brand, at a time when they're poised to release some great new products.

I guess we couold argue which is the lesser of the evils - but that what I was told.

·
Site Sponsor
446 Posts
Not sure where you live, but we can facilitate a ride on a few of the models. There is actually not a great deal of difference in next years range other then colours and graphics here and there and the way they are pecing them from f4100, f41000r and then rr and with brutale we have already the 920 brutale which we are doing floor stock only at $16500 ride away, then the 1090r and the 1090rr. We have a 1090r, a 920 and a f4 available to test ride and you are welcome to come and try with no worries at all. Let me know if this helps you out.

Justin

1 - 13 of 13 Posts