MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mates Mv has no power to the clocks or ignition and obviously won't start. His alarm is working and he has 12.5 VDC at the battery. The main fuses are ok too, any ideas please?

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
9,945 Posts
Hate alarms..I'd ditch that for starters and then pull out the wiring diagram and follow the circuit to the ignition switch via the fuses.

There could be a relay fault but you need to use a multi meter to see where the break in the circuit is..

joe

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Check the 40a fuse on the left of the bike, also he may have blown the little diode which is located in the back of one of those plugs on the left, you have to carefully remove all the terminals from the plug to get to it!!

When replacing the diode don't forget to put it back in the same direction, there is a band at one end to tell you.

I know this as I just blew the one on my 1000 not half an hours ago, nothing works!!

The third pic is where the 40 amp fits.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=261281729880&var=560224506070

:smoking:​
Thanks Ade, have passed on the info. Fingers crossed that's his problem, question would be why as he hasn't had the battery off or carried out any recent maintenance.......

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

1 - 5 of 5 Posts