MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
that's what my dlr told me today. he said he was told last week that they may not be bringing mv's into the US for the 2009 model year, but that yesterday he was given a confirmation.

I have a deposit for an F4RR to compliment my Brutale & he asked me what I wanted to do w/my deposit.

Jeff's (mv dlr) pretty straight forward so I must say I believe him.
:cussing:

i'm sure i'm gonna get blasted in the forum b/c i don't have any proof, but like I said, i believe it. i'm not one to jump gun & spread rumors.

hopefully...he's wrong.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
I won't blast you. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if it was true. I just hope a new bike will be introduced this year and available in 2010.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Wow,

Sounds like they are clearing the floors for a new model... I wonder what they are going to do? The new Mille is a tough act to follow and the F4 has really become iconic. Going to be hard to make a new model with such staying power.

·
Registered
756 Posts
How does Harley Davidson not bring the bikes into the US? I can't imagine that was their original plan. I'm sure they are suffering right now.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I was at Pro Italia this AM, and one of the guys told me something similar when I asked with the 1078RR Brutale is coming. He said "They are working on getting the company organized. When they re-enter the marketplace, they are going to do it right, and they are going to do it big. Maybe March, maybe June, but they will do it when they are ready. Doing it right is more important to them than doing it now. HD intends to make money with MV Agusta."

·
Registered
301 Posts
We have the new MV's here in the land of OZ. 1078RR's in F4 and Brutale, all the models actually.

I think (and I could be wrong) the US has to many unsold 1000's and 910's. The importers are waitng a year to clear stock before bringing in the new models.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Dave M in OZ.

·
Registered
46 Posts
a lot of strange things are going on even here..
tamburini has quit, the MV corse has been closed..

mmmmmh, I hope HD is working good! Let's wait and see..

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
It'll be hard to beef up the MV network if they skip a year of models. Benelli came to the US and for the 08 year they were selling 07s and some are STILL for sale.

Chris

·
Administrator
20,053 Posts
I think (and I could be wrong) the US has to many unsold 1000's and 910's. The importers are waiting a year to clear stock before bringing in the new models.
You are partially correct in that there are a lot of 1000Rs left. The result of bringing big numbers to the US so they could qualify for AMA racing year before last. Many more than normally sold in a year here.

So the 910s are pretty much gone, and the 312Rs are pretty much gone. But some smoking deals on 1000Rs to be had.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
HD is going be reintroducing the brand here and like it has been stated before they want to do it rite! I don't like to mention names but I've been given insight and HD has been studying what Ducati has been doing and they are targeting them. I see nothing wrong with not selling here for the up and coming season and who knows maybe we will have some increase in the values of our bikes? My shop has 3 F-4's and 1 Brutale 910s left so stock is becoming slim pickers. I will wait and see and hopefully they will have a new bike for me to buy?????

·
Registered
115 Posts
MV was not present at the New York International Motorcycle Show though the advertising said they would be there. Folks at the Harley booth didn't have a clue.

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
MV was not present at the New York International Motorcycle Show though the advertising said they would be there. Folks at the Harley booth didn't have a clue.
Folks at Harley don't even have a clue about Buells--In 5 years I'll bet most of them still won't even have heard of MV.

·
Registered
243 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Folks at Harley don't even have a clue about Buells--In 5 years I'll bet most of them still won't even have heard of MV.
You're dead on about HD's ineptness with Buell, I had a Buell Lightning, and whenever I took it in for service I felt like I was being treated as a Leper. Most sales staff had no clue how to "sell" them to prospective customers, most were used to the HD sales approach & expected them to sell on their own.

My experience with most HD/Buell dealerships was poor at best, Buells were/are usually stuffed into a distant corner of the showroom....and unfortunately remain there.

I'm hoping that HD has learned something from the dismal sales of Buells, and will leave MV's in stand alone dealerships, instead of trying to market all three brands under one roof. Just throw money at MV for R&D, and manufacturing....so MV can proudly survive. If they do not appear on our shores this year...so be it, let them reappear next year as a strong, viable, desirable nich brand.

1 - 20 of 104 Posts