MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some Stainless Steel cable, a couple of cable ferrules, some heat shrink, a drill bit, and 10 minutes of your time ..... could save your passenger seat some day!

Attachments

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Or, you could paranoidly make sure it clicks every time.
I considered tethering it (though I've never lost mine), but I'm nore afraid to the damage the spike will do to the tail, then losing the seat.

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
thought maybe you found a cute pillion for the seat.... :)

·
Registered
571 Posts
fazer6 said:
I considered tethering it (though I've never lost mine), but I'm nore afraid to the damage the spike will do to the tail, then losing the seat.
+100

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Where's Ed when you really need him?????

·
Registered
92 Posts
fazer6 said:
That's totally me...every time I've had it off when I first pull away, I reach back and press down to make sure it has clicked and then pull on it a little bit.

·
Administrator
20,072 Posts
Randarosa said:
Where's Ed when you really need him?????
Ever since my faux pas I diligently pull UP on the back end of the seat to confirm latching, after pushing down HARD to hear the positive locking click. I will not be humiliated again....well, not about losing my passenger seat anyway.:blush:

Nice idea for the restraining strap, though.

Replacement for my damaged pillion on order (they finally found the part number...now we'll see how long it takes to arrive.) Next plan is to recover the damaged one with red alacantra material for a nice occasional change of looks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Cable

If you forget to properly attach the rear seat and start riding your bike you will find that the seat will start to flop arround in the wind and it may end up scratching the paint on the tail section of the bike once you get up to speed.

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
esq'z me said:
I will not be humiliated again....well, not about losing my passenger seat anyway.:blush:
Well, I'm glad we cleared that up! :stickpoke

·
Registered
100 Posts
G Rand, This can be a hard group to please, hey nice handy work!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Good idea, I think. I keep a battery tender lead under my seat. With a tether I wouldn't have to worry about my seat going anywhere while I fish for that lead, or my registration, or tools, or whatever else I'm going in there for.

·
Registered
685 Posts
i dont have that problem, i didnt even know my seat can come off. what do u need to put in there anyway??

G.Rand said:
Some Stainless Steel cable, a couple of cable ferrules, some heat shrink, a drill bit, and 10 minutes of your time ..... could save your passenger seat some day!

·
Registered
44 Posts
First post - so be gentle!

I just bought my new Brutale, and was browsing the posts. I made a tether just like this for my wife's old bike (a Honda RVF400R) which had the same sort of pillion seat problem. But I made it with a carabiner at the bike end of the cable, so I could remove it if I wanted. This also works well if you make a similar tether for a rear seat cowl and want to swap between the two things.

Hope this helps...

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
First post - so be gentle!

I just bought my new Brutale, and was browsing the posts. I made a tether just like this for my wife's old bike (a Honda RVF400R) which had the same sort of pillion seat problem. But I made it with a carabiner at the bike end of the cable, so I could remove it if I wanted. This also works well if you make a similar tether for a rear seat cowl and want to swap between the two things.

Hope this helps...
Welcome! :)

·
Registered
787 Posts
I have only had my Brutale a few weeks... thought I was the only one with this problem, lol. Anyway when I WD-40'd all the moving parts of the rear seat mechanism (lock, spring, cable) it was much easier to get it to click and lock in. No Problems now just a firm press and click. Before I did that i had to jump in the air to get enough force to get it to click, haha.

·
Administrator
20,072 Posts
I don't want to talk about lost pillions..:shitfan:

·
Registered
983 Posts
I lost the seat two times.

The first time was the day after I got the bike.

And the second time last Saturday. It fell of first ride after receiving it from service. The mechanic hadn’t putted it properly back.

My seat is a lot harder to connect then the other ones I’ve tried. I always push it down with my 105kg`s and wait for the click.

This is a ting the dealer should inform about when you buy a bike. :lightning

·
Registered
161 Posts
the thing that stings is when you get your replacement seat it comes WITHOUT the fittings which you then have to reorder!! total cost is similar to a leather armchair!:jsm:

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
It took me 4 trips at about 5 miles back and forth to find mine and now I always always listen for the click.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Stupidist idea I have ever seen!

Just kidding. I like the idea, but I would put a quick disconnect on it so you could remove the seat entirely incase you wanted to work on the bike and didn't have it hanging around in the way.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts