MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is a long story that started the day I left the dealer and is a saga that is ongoing to this day. This is the story of why I've been riding a Triumph Street triple. Just putting this out there in case any body has this problem in the future.
The day I rode my B3 home I had my buddy who took me to the dealership follow me home. After we arrived at my house my buddy got out of the truck and said "you should probably start using your turn signals or you might die. And how did you get all the way home with out using your brakes."
I said that's funny because I did. After 15 minutes of reading the manual to make sure I knew how to use the turn signals and horn (same wire harness) I called the dealer. They drove the 45 Min to my house to trouble shoot the problem in the garage. 2 Hrs and 10 blown fuses later it left on his trailer. The mechanic worked threw the night and into Sunday morning. They drove the 45 Min back to deliver it on Sunday. IT WORKED! He said they found a bare wire....... for 7 miles it worked. So back it went. The mechanic removed the entire wire harness for the brake lights, turn lights and horn. Which was a big undertaking that left my bike looking like a frame with wheels next to a pile of parts. All this work revealed some shorts in the wire harness . Back together it came home for a total of 4 days. Then it left again. With more miles on the back of a trailer then miles ridden.....they called "Italy" for help. Those of you not familiar Italians, they don't usually work in August and didn't make a special exception for me. So now Sept is here and my new wire harness is in the mail. Hope to have it in 3 weeks. The dealer feels horrible and has given me a Triumph to ride in the mean time.
Can't wait to get my bike fixed and start installing the parts that are piling up in the garage....Well I have a tail tidy, radiator guard and bar weights.
:conveyer:
RUDY

·
Banned
676 Posts
Good gods

"for 7 miles it worked. So back it went. The mechanic removed the entire wire harness for the brake lights, turn lights and horn. Which was a big undertaking that left my bike looking like a frame with wheels next to a pile of parts. All this work revealed some shorts in the wire harness ."

Yuk. Somebody in Italy had a bad night with the mistress and the wife and somebody's rat dog. :guitarist

1 - 3 of 3 Posts