MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I could bet no one will comply to this title as I have had 5 faults in 137 miles,the most major was whilst parked ticking over in neutral the bike jumped into gear,lunged forward & luckily stalled with a loud clunk.
Had & still have my triumph daytona 675 after 6 years & never even changed a light bulb.
I'm seriously considering selling the mv & next year getting the 2013 triumph( looks nice) which is the only reason people are putting up with the mv. ?

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
You were more fortunate than me, purchased a new 675SE in 2010, during a 15 month period experienced the following problems.
Oil and water leaks which took the dealer three attempts to rectify. quickshifter selector fault.
Having said that it was an excellent bike and very easy to ride.
However when you return home after a ride on the F3 you have a smile on your face

·
Registered
197 Posts
I could bet no one will comply to this title as I have had 5 faults in 137 miles,the most major was whilst parked ticking over in neutral the bike jumped into gear,lunged forward & luckily stalled with a loud clunk.
Had & still have my triumph daytona 675 after 6 years & never even changed a light bulb.
I'm seriously considering selling the mv & next year getting the 2013 triumph( looks nice) which is the only reason people are putting up with the mv. ?
I can sympathise but I hold out hope the MV will reward my choice with lots of excitment and fun, albeit with the odd trip to the shop. Like you I had a D675 for 3 years and did 67,000km trouble free, apart from the rectifier needed replacing under warranty. That's something Triumph recognised as a recurring fault and sorted it for good.

It will be bad news for use early adoptors if the F3 does prove to be plaqued with faults because the resale price will plummet and then the double hit when the T675 2013 reaches market - I think we can all agree it will be equally as reliable and improved on the current Daytona. But, hey I fell in love with an Italian beauty, so for now no regrets.

·
Registered
614 Posts
No faults with mine.

1000s sold and a dozen or so people in the forums with problems.

I had more problems with a 2001 r6, including replacing the cdi. A cbr600 with dodgy electrics (in fact Honda had a dodgy reg/rec reputation for near 20 years) and cam chain.

MV are certainly not alone. So far all the issues have been the mapping, minor electrical components (switches and sensors) and an oil seal.

I remain unconcerned until they recall the engine.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
56 Posts
There is a guy on french sport bike forum and this guy had so many problems with its 2010 675 that he was able to bargain a deal so he could get another new one.

He has the same exact problems of leaking oil and prestone at about 5000 miles on the second bike. I guess it is often a matter of being lucky with bike. I have 1100 km on myne and not a glitch.

Crossing my fingers

·
Registered
570 Posts
My bike has been great to this point. I picked it up 3 weeks ago. Did 600 mile breakin, had it serviced, and have ridden the shit out of it 350ish miles. I staight up love this lil, beautiful bike. Let's face it. Its a piece of high priced art work that you put on the asphalt to ripp the balls off off or enjoy your local mountain roads. with some really high tech electronics that are truly designed to make you go faster. Not saftey devices. At least that is my personal opinion and the same as the instructor of the BMW s1000 class that BMW salesman attend. Anyway, the factory will have to work a few odd and ends out on some of these (our) bikes. No one has complained about having to pay couse there new bike broke. Sure it sucks but rest assure knowing your warranty is good. And MV only wants to make you happy with your purchase in the end. This is side work for them. Hell I wish I had one of there sweet ass helicopters.

Nothing that is mecanical is not without fault at some point or another in its exsistance. Luckily it will never be worse than broke. Will always be able to fix and the so called "new and improved"is always on the up and up. I know it sucks when you wait for so long and then in no time....damn its got a fault. But I'm pretty sure you won't see many of these while yours is being repaired. this forum even has a MV sightings page. I think I've seen my God, Jesus Crist more than I've seen an MV.The price for rare, exotic small company craftsmanship and attention to detail.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have over 700 miles on mine and am happy to report that everything is grrrrreat!!!! I love love love Mikke-he flies me around corners, accelerates like a mini-beast, and has gotten me me more thumbs-up on the highway in the last three weeks than I've had in the last three years:)
...life is good...

·
Registered
13 Posts
So far, so good. Actually, way better than good... did 120 miles today for a total of 500 miles. Bike just sings.

stemv, i hope your problems get sorted fast so you can enjoy the bike. good luck...

·
Registered
4 Posts
I picked up my bike a few weeks ago and now have 350km done. Only got an error code 20 today and saw that the coolant was a bit low. Filled it up and never got the error code again. I guess the bike was telling me the coolant was low because the error came on during a sharp turn and when the bike was upright again, the error disappeared. Couldn't find anything online about error code 20 though. Quickshifter is working beautifully. It just sucks i have to keep it below 5500-6000 RPM the first 1.000 km's, although MV NL told me that i can go above it once the bike is warmed up, but still can not push it all the way. I will keep it around 6.000 RPM until the first service.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I picked up my bike a few weeks ago and now have 350km done. Only got an error code 20 today and saw that the coolant was a bit low. Filled it up and never got the error code again. I guess the bike was telling me the coolant was low because the error came on during a sharp turn and when the bike was upright again, the error disappeared. Couldn't find anything online about error code 20 though. Quickshifter is working beautifully. It just sucks i have to keep it below 5500-6000 RPM the first 1.000 km's, although MV NL told me that i can go above it once the bike is warmed up, but still can not push it all the way. I will keep it around 6.000 RPM until the first service.
Just remember to only use the quickshifter for changing up and do so with the engine under load i.e. accelerating, not constant at revs
I wouldn't do the whole 1000km run in under 6000.

My manual had a graduated run-in. Under 6000 revs for first 500km I think then stay under 9000 revs. I gradually increase the revs by 1000 revs each 200km of the run in, so by the time I've done the full 1000km I am starting to rev it close to the redline. This has worked well for a dozen new bikes I've run in.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Why keep a constat rev while using the quickshifter? I never use the quickshifter to shift down. According to the manual; first 500 km keep the revs between 5500-6000 max, 500-1000 km keep the revs between 9000-11000 revs. I will follow the manual in this. Thanks for the tips!

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Why keep a constat rev while using the quickshifter? I never use the quickshifter to shift down. According to the manual; first 500 km keep the revs between 5500-6000 max, 500-1000 km keep the revs between 9000-11000 revs. I will follow the manual in this. Thanks for the tips!
Are not these machines already broken in from the factory? I am all for sticking to the book, but I have never felt giving my new bikes the beans every once in a while even during the break in period as long as I am being gentle and the bike is warmed up never hurt anything.

·
Registered
35 Posts
i purchased the new f3 about 5 days ago, first 200km no problems at all, then after that ive been having a few problems by the way only done 350km total so far, first off i had a malfuntion light come up on the dash which disappeared then i had a light saying stop engine clutch switch, i took it to mv today where i bought it from and they replaced the clutch switch and the cable and its still doing it, i then took it back they re mapped it and said it was fixed but it wasnt, has anyone else had these issues, some help would be great

·
Registered
614 Posts
Id have a good look at the connector.

Mine flashed this warning once in 1200km's.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
54 Posts
Been reading your posts on faults guys, it sucks to have something go wrong but lets face it some have issues some dont you get it from toasters tv sets and yes unfortunatlely £10,000 bikes. My f3 had an oil leak i had to report at first service but its fixed now fingers crossed new mapping done and im a happy bunny again. The biggest downside is the time the bike spends in the workshop fixing these problems especially when the sun is shinning!! Hopefully we can overshadow these issues with the sheer joy this awsome machine gives us. I have the only one so far south of bristol and the reaction and comments i have recieved make it all worth while. Lets hope no mv f3 owner suffers too badly with this still relatively new machine. STAY STRONG. Ju x

·
Registered
35 Posts
just a small update, went back to mv today about the clutch switch malfunction and apparently no one in australia has had this issue, so having to wait for a tech from italy to get back with more details

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The dealers will not admit that there has been faults on these bikes & seem to always say ( yours is the only one with this fault) if they admitted there were faults,bikes wouldn't sell !

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
just a small update, went back to mv today about the clutch switch malfunction and apparently no one in australia has had this issue, so having to wait for a tech from italy to get back with more details
And you believe them, please don't.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts