MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2008 F1 R312 was running great yesterday, when going back home, of course on traffic it gets hot around 212 or so, came to a stop light and just died, push it to the side waited for about 30 minutes try to start with no luck, waited a bit longer tried again, no go, waited even longer and tried to start it again this time the dash did not even came on, called for a tow truck after waiting for over an hour I tried again, and the same thing happened, no dash lights but I can hear a little sound inside the engine, then nothing.
The truck came and took my bike home, now I'm charging my Pulse lithium battery to see where that takes me, any ideas of what went wrong, I know it was hot where the battery resides, any help ideas, thank you all.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi, This has happened to me twice on my 2016 TV Lusso earlier this year. Both times the bike completely died (including the dash) but both times restarted after 10mts. I have fortunately had no further such episodes. I checked the battery and the fuses which were all OK. The dealer had no explanation either. MV Italy were not very helpful and suggested it could be an 'earth fault'.

Since then I have had 2 error messages 'swing sensor' and 'SCU voltage' on my dash. Neither show up as a problem on the MV TEXA diagnostics! We are still waiting for a response from MV Italy as to what this could be.

Would be interested to know what the problem was with your bike. Hope you get on the road soon.

·
Super Moderator
22,071 Posts
My 2008 F1 R312 was running great yesterday, when going back home, of course on traffic it gets hot around 212 or so, came to a stop light and just died, push it to the side waited for about 30 minutes try to start with no luck, waited a bit longer tried again, no go, waited even longer and tried to start it again this time the dash did not even came on, called for a tow truck after waiting for over an hour I tried again, and the same thing happened, no dash lights but I can hear a little sound inside the engine, then nothing.
The truck came and took my bike home, now I'm charging my Pulse lithium battery to see where that takes me, any ideas of what went wrong, I know it was hot where the battery resides, any help ideas, thank you all.
It might have shut down because the bike overheated. Did you wait for it to cool down with the fans running ?
There's a very good electrical section in the Workshop Manual which explains fuse purposes.
Make sure you install the battery correctly.

Hi, This has happened to me twice on my 2016 TV Lusso earlier this year. Both times the bike completely died (including the dash) but both times restarted after 10mts. I have fortunately had no further such episodes. I checked the battery and the fuses which were all OK. The dealer had no explanation either. MV Italy were not very helpful and suggested it could be an 'earth fault'.

Since then I have had 2 error messages 'swing sensor' and 'SCU voltage' on my dash. Neither show up as a problem on the MV TEXA diagnostics! We are still waiting for a response from MV Italy as to what this could be.

Would be interested to know what the problem was with your bike. Hope you get on the road soon.
The 312 is a very much different model to your bike mate.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Waiting on a new battery, just to make sure the old is damaged or something. Next I'm going to check on the fuses, when I removed the right panel I noticed a very small case with a rubber cover, in there I found about 5 fuses of 15, hard to get them out without the little tool, any how I hope I find one or two blown.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No electricity to the dashh.

The right fairing was removed, and I found this small rubber box that contains 6 each 15 amp fuses, and one empty slot, the one fuse locate far left was burnt. Now I just replaced it, and waiting on the new battery to fire the bike up. I'm not very knowledgeable on matters of electricity, and don't what that little fuse controls.
Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
22,317 Posts
212 Degrees F is not hot. The bike temperature shutdown is much hotter than that.

Have you looked in the manual to see what fuses control what?

Does the bike fuel pump prime when the ignition is turned on?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I did get the fuse replaced, and the battery came in, after the battery was installed, and checked with untrained eyes to see if any thing was getting hot or something I gave the starter a push, the engine kick in and ran like nothing ever was wrong with it. So much for that part, I did noticed that the blades on the lower fan the tips are almost gone ( I have the original fans) could that be the reason?
What I like to know is what does that fuse controls, I'm talking about the fuse to the far left on that little rubber box that contains about 6 15 amp fuses.

·
Super Moderator
22,071 Posts
What I like to know is what does that fuse controls, I'm talking about the fuse to the far left on that little rubber box that contains about 6 15 amp fuses.
I don't understand your question, it's shown clearly in the manuals ?

Attachments

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Donsy, yes it does show up on the manual, my question was, what else was under control from that fuse, my starter did not operate . The good thing is that the bike is running once the fuse was replaced, I believe that the blade's tips are degraded almost 30%, so there is not enough flow created, now the hunt is for some replacement blades or complete motor unit, other wise this beautiful R312 is golden. Thanks for the info Donsy, much appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
22,317 Posts
Thanks Donsy, yes it does show up on the manual, my question was, what else was under control from that fuse.

flyboy, all you have to do is trace the wiring diagram immediately above the fuse legend.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks silentservice, I did look at the diagram and got me confused, but now I'm going crazy looking for replacement blades, mine are not that good (never look at them before) the tips are almost gone so I believe that is a big reason for the overheating. Thanks for the tips and advise,

1 - 11 of 11 Posts