MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else think it is odd to have Nissin Resevoirs on the 910 R, even though it has Brembo brakes. Doesn't that have sort of a "we had these so we used them" feel? Just curious if I am the only nut job who is bothered by that..

·
Registered
503 Posts
Doesn't bother me a bit. I believe it's a Nissin master cylinder actuating Brembo calipers in front. Only the brake rotors, pads and front calipers are Brembo. The rear is all Nissin. The brakes are fabulous in operation, that's what counts.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Koop said:
Doesn't bother me a bit. I believe it's a Nissin master cylinder actuating Brembo calipers in front. Only the brake rotors, pads and front calipers are Brembo. The rear is all Nissin. The brakes are fabulous in operation, that's what counts.
I know that you are right. I just thought it was odd, that's all. No worries, that's for sure. Stops on a dime!

·
Registered
720 Posts
jdog said:
Does anyone else think it is odd to have Nissin Resevoirs on the 910 R, even though it has Brembo brakes. Doesn't that have sort of a "we had these so we used them" feel? Just curious if I am the only nut job who is bothered by that..
I think it is only about the style of the reservoir.The Nissin is more stylish ....just change the covers so you dont see Nissin anymore :smoking:

·
Registered
140 Posts
hehe..if it bothers you, you can put the stock Bembo round ones on. They are not very expensive. :)

Besides, lots of replacement aftermarket billet covers out there.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I guess those round Ones on the Ducatis aren't so hot either....billet??? Is this A Harley site???!!!!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Biggest weakness? They're a bit wooden when brand-new, and the radials on the 910R are better for sure, but the S-model's warm up in time.

·
Registered
968 Posts
johnsk6 said:
i strongly disagree with that. I think on the 910S, the brakes are the biggest weakness.
The standard Brutale brakes may have an acquired "wooden" feel to them, but they sure do the job as well as anything else. Brutes can do great stoppies.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
johnsk6 said:
i strongly disagree with that. I think on the 910S, the brakes are the biggest weakness.
I wasn't bothered too much by them. I think the radials are smoother, but the Nissin brake certainly isn't a bad brake. I like pretty much everything about all of these bikes...I was just being picky with the cylinders because I am an obsessive nutjob!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts