1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Jason + Stanley Knife + D.I.Y = Casualty and
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all
i'd like to try and get some input from this web site of wisdom
loving the bike now got 350miles on her
today out for a blast and i noticed the dip beam light flases on once in a while did it about 5 times then didn't do it for ages
anyone had this problem
it's got its 600 service coming up so i'm gonna mention it to them

also is there any way without buying rearsets to raise the rear brake lever up a tad i've moved the spigot but when in town traffic i use the rear brake and i have to push it right down to get it to work
if the only way to sort this is fit rear sets then so be it
but which ones do you say compliment the bike the best and has the best range of adjustment
i've had harris ones on my sp1 and they were good but i don't like the way ther gonna look on the mv

thanks
jas

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
I noticed my blue high-beam indicator dash light blipping on and off as I am riding, too. It happened in the daylight, so I have no idea if the headlight is blipping as well or if its just the dash indicator itself. I haven't taken the bike in for it's first service yet, so I can't offer you any shop feedback.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Reviving an old post here rather than start a new one - just wondering if anyone found a solution to this? My left indicator (on the dash) stays on and kin d of flickers, while the right indicator flashes on and off correctly. Also I'm pretty sure my low fuel indicator doesn't work, although I'm not inclined to test it too far. Any ideas? Fuses seem fine

·
Registered
140 Posts
Helvetica said:
Reviving an old post here rather than start a new one - just wondering if anyone found a solution to this? My left indicator (on the dash) stays on and kin d of flickers, while the right indicator flashes on and off correctly. Also I'm pretty sure my low fuel indicator doesn't work, although I'm not inclined to test it too far. Any ideas? Fuses seem fine
Poor connection under the seat. There are three wires (left, right and brake), make sure they are firmly connected.

Don't know what the blue flashes are now and then, I get the same thing. I was thinking it was caused from leaving your signal on too long.

-W

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
I noticed my high beam light was flicking on every now and again and it was pissing me off :cussing: ....just before I took it into the shop I realised that it was my hand on the grip just brushing the switch that was the cause.

·
Registered
822 Posts
The headlight was screwey on my Brutale as well, did the exact same thing with the highbeam flickering on and off, particulary as I ran it up through the rpm's, it was just a loose connection at the headlight housing. For whatever reason, MV does not use dielectric grease on any of its electrical fittings, all I did to fix this was unplug it, smear some grease in the socket, and plug it back in.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts