MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So after a long wait and some debating, picked this up for my next wave of mods. Not the prettiest or perfect, but I look to get her cleaned up.
Need to come up with a paint scheme, thinking like a 1199R, and will color match the red on my bike.
Also plan on doing dei insulation on the underside of the gas tank.

Postal scales say 10lbs 15oz's with fuel pump.. will get a stock one with pump here soon as well.

Any ideas or thoughts on a paint pattern, with exposed aluminum in others I would love to hear your thoughts.

Attachments

·
Registered
465 Posts
Lovely! I saw one available and really considered picking it up, but just couldn't afford it. I think you definitloey need to have some sort of aluminium showing. Is your bike the red/silver combo?

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lovely! I saw one available and really considered picking it up, but just couldn't afford it. I think you definitloey need to have some sort of aluminium showing. Is your bike the red/silver combo?

Yes Sir, and looking for ideas

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
Well first thing you need to get rid of the seat and rearsets. Being the nice guy that I am I'll take them off your hands>:). Also I feel painting the tank too mch would be a waste. A bit of red and black but most of the aluminium must be left unpainted.

Reactions: jdgun

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well first thing you need to get rid of the seat and rearsets. Being the nice guy that I am I'll take them off your hands>:). Also I feel painting the tank too mch would be a waste. A bit of red and black but most of the aluminium must be left unpainted.
Going to mount the tank up today and might do some "paper mock ups" or vinyl, to see what things look like.
Sorry i do need them parts, especially after upgrading the rearsets to folding pegs.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mock Up time, So this is the planned idea, love to hear your thoughts or ideas.
The silver MV on the mock up will be exposed aluminum, and i plan to dull the tank down to a more simple brushed look, like the Panigale R.
The Black MV AGUSTA on the side will most likely be a regular sticker under the clearcoat and only 1"x7" (not so big).

Attachments

·
Registered
465 Posts
How about almost reversing that scheme? With red down the middle and the "wings" in silver with a red stripe dividing more ali where the plastic side panels are silver?

·
Registered
7,802 Posts
Use the lines of the tank and the bike to flow the colors. This will give you the best results.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How about almost reversing that scheme? With red down the middle and the "wings" in silver with a red stripe dividing more ali where the plastic side panels are silver?
Originally that was what i was thinking... but the problem with it is that the welds under the wings, are not works of art, so wanted to cover those up. but i hear you and will look at playing with it and seeing what else i can come up with.. any photoshop or paint edits are welcome, to help me out. :wink2:

·
Registered
465 Posts
Originally that was what i was thinking... but the problem with it is that the welds under the wings, are not works of art, so wanted to cover those up. but i hear you and will look at playing with it and seeing what else i can come up with.. any photoshop or paint edits are welcome, to help me out. :wink2:
Cool, I'll try and do a bit of bad photoshop to show you what I mean. I think you could almost hide the welds with a stripe. either do it with some fine line tape or stickers lacquered in. I did mine with fine line tape.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts