MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After going through a lot of hurdles with the F4 312R, I love my bike, and will never sell it....but my second bike will be a Yamaha R1 ( I have had them ALL) or an Aprilia....

I am too dissapointed with the many flaws in MV engineering that have led my bike to sitting in the garage more lately then riding.

It is still THEE FERRARI bike, but I will not purchase another. The 312R has a special place in my heart, and will always be mine, but the next bike will be probably the RSVR Factory or a R1.

The constant heat problems I have had in Hawaii (and I did every mod possible to counter this...) and the now popping im getting from my chain (just tightened it to spec, yes exactly to spec) and I an sick of working on her. I might just park her in the living room, start watching movies with a cleaning cloth and toothbrush and make her a garage whore.

-OC

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh, the catalyst for this post was recently cracked radiator, from normal use, at 6k miles. This was after 3 weeks ago my hoses fell apart. Thats right, rad hoses, cracked and fell apart....

·
Vendor
5,339 Posts
Dont give up,talk to Noel about the Aprilia,also have you fitted a fan override switch,its a great mod for overheating,Mitch.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
How about an RSV4?:stickpoke

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh, and dmk51 post did not help, as I was thinking of a F3, just to have one, but yeah...

·
Vendor
5,339 Posts
You only flick the switch when you want to keep the temp down,it's an on/off switch,Mitch.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I came from a R1 and loved the bike but I always wanted the mv. I bought a 08 312 and haven't even got a 1000 miles on it and have modded everything in the cooling system and still can't win . I just did the NIWI mod and was checking the bike today and noticed the radiator was leaking . I guess the reason it's called "Motorcycle Art" is because it should only be put up for display and never used

·
Banned
1,449 Posts
After going through a lot of hurdles with the F4 312R, I love my bike, and will never sell it....but my second bike will be a Yamaha R1 ( I have had them ALL) or an Aprilia....

I am too dissapointed with the many flaws in MV engineering that have led my bike to sitting in the garage more lately then riding.

It is still THEE FERRARI bike, but I will not purchase another. The 312R has a special place in my heart, and will always be mine, but the next bike will be probably the RSVR Factory or a R1.

The constant heat problems I have had in Hawaii (and I did every mod possible to counter this...) and the now popping im getting from my chain (just tightened it to spec, yes exactly to spec) and I an sick of working on her. I might just park her in the living room, start watching movies with a cleaning cloth and toothbrush and make her a garage whore.

-OC
Try a Y10 F4 you won't be disapointed

·
Registered
98 Posts
I came from a R1 and loved the bike but I always wanted the mv. I bought a 08 312 and haven't even got a 1000 miles on it and have modded everything in the cooling system and still can't win . I just did the NIWI mod and was checking the bike today and noticed the radiator was leaking . I guess the reason it's called "Motorcycle Art" is because it should only be put up for display and never used
I guess the reason it's called "Motorcycle Art" is because it should only be put up for display and never used. RIGTH ON :yo:

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
I honestly had the same feelings with mine when I first got it, but thanks to the advice available on this forum, I have my bike reasonably well sorted now. It really didn't take much effort and the problems you are experiencing are nothing new. If you use the wealth of information provided by guys who have been through it all already, you can get your bike sorted in no time.

Many thanks to Admin and all those who have made informative and constructive posts regarding the various issues we have.

·
Registered
583 Posts
That sucks to hear. I am in San Antonio TX it's slightly cooler than hell here and mine doesn't over heat. I upgrade the water pump with the MV parts, really cheap and easy mod. But even with the old pump it wasn't bad. When I first bought the bike I had cooling issues, I think the two things that hurt it were the cheap plastic fans and I had air in my system. I have the muzzy fans run water wetter and I have no problems. I just hit 21,000 on it this past week. Traffic is a PIA here also hottest I get is 220-225 then it goes right down to under 200 with the fans blasting away.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I have my F4 only one month, and I,ve been my first problem, lose water by expansion tank, the problem it's now OK, radiator cap must pump 1,1 bars, but pump before, for this lose water, I've changed cap, 80€,and all it,s OK.
When buy this Bike, I knew that I would have problems, but I don't mind...
Can someone help me interpret what he's saying? No disrespect intended
As I only speak ONE LANGUAGE, and I'm not even that good at that as you may be able to tell from my POOR SPELLING.
I've noticed that I've had to TOP-OFF my EXPANSION TANK several times, and I suspected it was because I didn't get all the air out of Radiator when I drained it to put in WATER-WETTER. is Their possibly a problem with my RADIATOR CAP?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts