MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry that we have not been posting to the racing section but I have had to borrow a password and logon as I forgot to bring mine to the TT.

We started on a bad track as the Steam racket mucked up over 5000 bookings leaving us stranded in Heysham for 3 days, whilst there we washed the truck and a guy came from the office to charge us for the water!!!

Eventually we got here and started to set up camp with the Klaffii team 3 days late which made us rush about like lunatics. But in the end it all came good except the weather. One of the biggest problems is that you plan a strategy for the 3 bikes Martin is riding and then some one has a breakdown on the circuit in a car causing the road closiing to be delayed and out the window goes the plan.

The MV has performed faultlessly all week we have done 5 laps in total all standing start laps and are 4th fastest we tried a 2 lap run and ran out of fuel 5 Kms from the end on a lap which we think would have made us fastest 125 mph plus. That problem is now solved

Sunday we went to the MV Owners club rally at the Crosby pub but due to pressure of work we got there late and it was pouring with rain however we met some great people and the support here from everybody has been terific. Phil Read dropped in today to wish us well and we even enlisted the help of a Tamborini owner to scrub in 2 Dunlop tyres for tomorrows race. It is now 11.15 pm and we are finishchecking the bike and practicing pit stops the race is at 12 15 UK Time tomorrow and the forcast is great.

We have 3 guys from the factory with us Federico Toti whoose login I borrowed Giorgio Gattoni and Angelo Merlini They have been blown away by the TT and especially standing at the barrier as Martin passed 3 feet away at 175 mph.

The Island is bursting at the seams with people here to enjoy themselves
And we are looking forward bto a great race I hope all the work is rewarded.
Thanks again for all the support and good wishes

Barry Symmons and the Team in the TT

·
Living the Dream
2,758 Posts
Thanks for posting on the progress, we are all cheering you guys on. Ride hard and safe, and may MV come out on top!! :f4:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Sounds like you are having a bangup time. Reading about this thing is a joy - being there must be like heaven! Best of luck to you and the boys, and make us all proud.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Good luck with everything! Pity we don't get the TT on the telly over here (Singapore). Would so love to watch it.

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Thanks Barry for finding and spending time to feed us with a look inside the MV Team. In the meanwhile we know the result and congratulations to You, Martin and the entire Team. Best MV Agusta Result at the IOM since, what, the Sixties. Good luck for the other two events You are competing in.

·
Registered
520 Posts
watched the race last night....some great footage of the MV...I recorded it on Sky
+ but wouldn't know how to convert to avi and upload.
tont

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
IOM it's an incredible race, I'm so happy to have this opportunity and I would like to thanks Barry and Martin for their job.
For Pigiolino, thanks, i'm not so important...

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Bad day at the TT Yesterday....from BBC web page

'A rider and two spectators have died in a crash during the senior race at the centenary Isle of Man TT meeting.
The rider, named by race organisers as Marc Ramsbotham, 34, who was from Wymondham, Norfolk, died instantly.

One spectator was pronounced dead at the scene and the second was taken to Noble's Hospital, but died a short time later. Two other people were injured'

I guess it will start all the 'lets ban the TT talk' I don't want to get into that.

On a brighter note John Mc Guinness won the senior TT and posted the first 130mph lap of the TT :)

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
It seems incredible that anyone can lap that circuit at an average speed of over 130 mph. I know the roads themselves will have improved and the bikes they race on have certainly improved but when I was last at the TT (about 25 years ago) the lap record was about 116 if I remember correctly. Nowadays the tail enders will be going faster than that!

Very sad news regarding the fatalities, I guess we were all hoping the race week would pass without any major incidents this year.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Thanks for posting-congrats to Mc Guinness for the win & lap record-130mph lap is amazing. Great to hear MV did well too.

·
Registered
39 Posts
A Couple of TT pictures

Sorry for the quality. Guess I need a new camera.

Best regards, Bob....

Finnigan and McGuiness in close company at Kirk Michael in practice.

Finnigan takes off from the start in Superstock race.

Finnigan enters the pits.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts