MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. First MV owner here and new to the forums. Just picked up my new 2013 F4 yesterday. Made it home no issues. Went to take it out for a second ride and minutes into it, I got that warning on the instr.cluster. Lack of power, stalls, sputters a little and generally sounds "shitty"! Would like to try and tinker with it. Any advice for a new owner with minimal mechanical knowledge who's stuck at home with a new bike ....on a SUNDAY!!!

·
Super Moderator
21,421 Posts
First: Welcome to the forum!
Second: Where in this big ol' world are you?
Third: I'd start by checking wiring connections. Perhaps the folks that assembled your F4 simply didn't plug things in tightly. A wiggle in time saves nine.

·
Super Moderator
21,421 Posts
Oh, and look at the STICKY thread at the top of this section. Dons has uploaded most of the workshop manuals to his site....for all to enjoy!

·
Registered
5,794 Posts
new bike and you guys are telling him to mess with it. Hell no, take it back to the dealer. Do not touch it

·
Super Moderator
21,421 Posts
It's Sunday and checking a few things that may be an issue is not exactly a problem.
Would you just sit and stare?
I'm certain his stealership is closed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks

Thanks for the quick replies. I am in Michigan, and of course the dealership is closed so I'm forced to stare at it for today. And yes, it will be going back, but looking at a few wires, spark plugs, fuses will make me feel a little less......helpless!! Download some of the manuals u mentioned. Thanks again.

·
Super Moderator
21,421 Posts
Good Luck!

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
My advice is to wax the bike 20-30 times and leave mechanicals to dealer in this case . It should be covered and it sounds like a ECU tuning issue IMHO.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts