MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

Names Fred. Just joined. Have just ordered a new Brutale 800. Test rode a couple of days ago and loved it so bought it. Been riding since I was 16 which is a long time (37 years) Looking forward to learning more about the bike and joining in here. If theres anything you think I should know about the bike please say. Eager to hear any news/tips etc

·
Registered
25 Posts
A little advice for a new MV owner...DONT EVER SELL IT. YOU'll REGRET IT! That said, welcome.

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Welcome.....I hope you enjoy being here.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Have any peeps on here used the Waterlooville MV dealers. I am no nearer to my bike than I was 16 days ago since I ordered it. Have just agreed a reg number, something that could have been done on day 1 normally. They don't seem to have any sense of urgency. Have told them I work for an airline and may have to go overseas for at least a month so need the bike before that or will not bother till I get back and that could be 3 months.Doesn't seem to bother them. Bike is in the dealers and has been the whole time. I'm just not used to a dealer that doesn't want the bike out as quick as possible to make room for the next bike sale thats all.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Went down and signed today. Picking her up on Saturday. Hope it doesnt rain. Don't like wet roads with new tyres.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Welcome to your second "home", Squidger! :yo:

The waiting for her is going to make you value even more that treasure! Just take a deep breath...it will be in your hands...but I understand the anxiety,... after all, it´s an MV Agusta!! :mouthwate And it´s going to stay with you for a long time. :popcorn:

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So it's rained non stop for all of my 4 days off and needless to say I wasn't going to ride 50 miles in rain on my current bike to pick up my new one and ride 50 miles home in rain on not scrubbed in tyres. I was desperate to get her home but decided I can wait till Tuesday when I'm on nights so can get her home during the day so long as the rain stops. In the garage is a pile of bolt ons.

Radiator grill
Tail tidy
R&G crash bungs
Bar end mirrors
Tank protector
Constand bike lift.
Double sided wheel nut socket.

Just need the bike to join em now.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Hi Fred, funnily enough i only just heard about them today. My dealer, MV London has just reported that it is to close. I called them today to discuss a warranty claim on my F3. They advised that I should now take it to Waterlooville as they are an excellent dealer, who carry many parts and who would be able to accomodate my warrranty claim with no problems. They said that they would call me today to discuss the claim. Ive not been called yet :-(

Get on to them, chase them and find out what they are waiting for and what is causing the hold up. Have they given any reason as to why?

All the best
Rich

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Welcome along Fred. Where have you bought the bike from? I've been over to the dealers at Waterlooville although it was back in the summer (seems so long ago) but they had only just got the mv dealership, they were still decorating and were having their first batch of bikes delivered while I was there.

I might use them next year to service mine as i don't think I have enough body parts I can sell to fund it at the dealers I bought it from! :( :laughing:

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The holdup at the moment is weather. Bikes ready to go. I just didn't fancy riding 50 miles in rain to ride 50 miles back on new unfamiliar bike on new tyres in the wet. I'm looking at maybe Friday now due to my working tonight and tomorrow night.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts