MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there folks, just bought 312r model this week, found this forum and hope your a good bunch of knowledge guys !! is there anything to watch out for ?? treat gently ?? and can you get workshop manuals for these models ??

·
Registered
689 Posts
Treat gently? I follow the break-in guidelines and have had great luck with my Italian bikes. Don't baby it, but mostly observe the rev limits and make sure you get your initial service done.

I haven't been able to get a workshop manual yet, but I'm in the US.

There's an ongoing debate about heat, but that seems to have "cooled down" (pun intended) a bit lately. Everyone seems to agree that they run hotter than is ideal and there has been much discusion on remedies. The jury is still out.

Once it's broken in, I think it'll run slightly cooler. Mine does, and it's at about 2500 miles now. I'm still trying to get mine a bit cooler than that, but I'm not sure I'll have any more data for a while. The weather has cooled down enough that I'm not seeing the problem anymore, unless I'm sitting in traffic.

·
Administrator
19,819 Posts
There are some workshop manuals on this site. In media or articles, can't remember. I downloaded them for quick access. Not specific for your bike, but enough info to help with most DIY projects.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Welcome and enjoy the new bike. I love mine:) I downloaded the manual in the articles section and although not specific to our bike, it is very close and helpful for most things. I spoke with Fast by Ferracci and was informed that the new manuals aren't quite out yet, but when they are they will probably come on CD.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Welcome one thing to check is the coolant cap is of the later variety which stops all the coolant pissing out when stopping the engine when hot....
Enjoy and stay safe

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
cheers folks, good to see the replys, cannot wait to get the bike, im hopeing saturday, or early next week, one question thats puzzling, what tires did you guys get when you got the bike ? the bikes in my local dealer have dunlops fitted (urrrrrrr) the one ive got has dunlops fitted, but ive seen articles with pirreli diablos fitted ? and why are the valves needing to be looked at every 7500 miles ?
cheers

·
Registered
47 Posts
sticky if your bike will came out with dunlop GP Racers beliefe me they are the best and there are only one that are compared with that is the Pirelli Supercorsa Pro

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
My Senna came with the Pirelli Supercorsa Pros as well...expensive buggers! 530 to replace both tires! Almost as much as a 1st service! :p

·
Registered
135 Posts
welcome dude good to see another brit onboard! congrats on the mv, i hope we get some good weather so you can get the first service out of the way, then you can realy start to enjoy her! my 1000s came on dunlop qualifyers and they were s$%^t! changed to michelin pilots and they rock!

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
hey up dude n welcome to mv world!!!! im over in yorkshire so if ya wanna meet up at squires some time lets know there are 1or 2 of us attend there!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts