MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all

Forgive me, but this is my first post. I am debating over a new 910 or a used 750. The 750 might as well be new, seeing as it only has 700 miles. The mighty insurance man is going to have the final say in the whole ordeal though.

I am looking for feedback from owners. Do you like the mid pipe? Does it change the sound all that much?

I am coming off a 749 and the 910 I rode feels like quite the couch.

Thanks for the help!

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
tell us more about how YOU ride.... that might help us assist you in making the decision.

i love my 910.... the 750 didn't interest me, personally... but, many here LOVE that displacement. also.... i wanted the R version of the 910 because of the vastly-improved brakes and lighter wheels and the (probably won't have before i retire) exhaust

either way..... you'll LOVE the brute
she is one terrific lady

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do some commuting weather pending, but mostly this is going to be my toy. The 749 was a PITA in traffic. In Northern Illinois we are slightly limited to elevation and curvy roads, but the ones we do have are a blast. My 749 was chicken stripless and I plan on the MV to be too.

I found the 910 throttle "switch" to be ... exciting. I am sure I could learn to ride around it, but it could be a little challenging in the beginning. From reading this board it seems that it can be ironed out with mid/pipe and PWRCMNDR. The power was FANTASTIC though. Made my 749 feel like a RS 50. I like the 910 and a lot of people on this board have great things to say.

·
Registered
417 Posts
910R Is a fantastic bike to ride,handles ace, and a real looker,it does have its faults but you will live with them for the sake of the bike,with the cat gone and midpipes fitted the sound is different when you open her up she sounds great,but i bet proper race cans would sound even better ( i dont know on that score havent heard them) go for the 910R get the best naked bike ever.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sounds like the 910's are hands down a better bike. Any 750 owners out there that want to prove them wrong?

How is the sound with the stock header, aftermarket mid and stock slip ons?

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
I prefer the 750, but I'm not biased :toothless

It revs a little quicker (esp. with the midpipe), and absolutley screams to 13000rpm :yo:

Plus, the insurance is cheaper (being older and smaller cc) :heart:

Besides, aside from the Starfighter, Matte Black is clearly the coolest :smoking:

·
Registered
645 Posts
Its pretty simple..........if you have a budget, get the 750 and save a few $$, if not spend a few more $$$ and get the 910.

·
Registered
304 Posts
rsduce said:
Its pretty simple..........if you have a budget, get the 750 and save a few $$, if not spend a few more $$$ and get the 910.

750 is easier to ride and is a smoother bike. Vibration of the 910 is annoying...
910 has lot of power, but you need to be careful.

I don't think that either bike is a wrong choice.

·
Registered
922 Posts
When you rev her up the sound on the 750 is unbelievable. Around town, leave her in 1st from light to light, and heads turn your way. My friend has a 910 and at one point he suggested it was too much bike for him. I don't think he regretted buying, but around city streets, the 910 is probably an exercise in keeping it under control rather than having a blast. Well, that's my perception of things. Good luck choosing.

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
It's less about money, and more about what you want the bike to do:
Personally, I prefer smaller bikes, and am not a fan of liter bikes, and the 910 is practically just that.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I owned the 750 prior to my 910, and I miss some aspects to my 750. The 910 is a better bike for everyday, but in my opinion, not as fun as the 750. The 750 has something more to it than the 910. I can't put my figure on exactly what it is though. I'm not fully acquainted with the 910 yet, so that might have something to do with it. Both are great bikes, but the 910 is MORE LOGICAL where the 750 is MORE EMOTIONAL. Just my opinion though....and what do I know?

·
Registered
922 Posts
curi0usmind said:
I owned the 750 prior to my 910, and I miss some aspects to my 750. The 910 is a better bike for everyday, but in my opinion, not as fun as the 750. The 750 has something more to it than the 910. I can't put my figure on exactly what it is though. I'm not fully acquainted with the 910 yet, so that might have something to do with it. Both are great bikes, but the 910 is MORE LOGICAL where the 750 is MORE EMOTIONAL. Just my opinion though....and what do I know?
Seeing as you've owned both, you probably know twice as much as most of us who've owned one or the other. The 750 is an absolute blast even from one traffic light to the next. That much I can vouch for.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
fazer6 said:
I prefer the 750, but I'm not biased :toothless

It revs a little quicker (esp. with the midpipe), and absolutley screams to 13000rpm :yo:

Plus, the insurance is cheaper (being older and smaller cc) :heart:

Besides, aside from the Starfighter, Matte Black is clearly the coolest :smoking:
+ 1 on the Matte black...

I think the thing that sums it up the most was back when the 910 was debuted, and the reviews were given....

This quote sums it up the best:

Motorcyclist Online said:
In the end, choosing between this and the Brutale 750 is harder than expected. I’d assumed all that extra midrange muscle would make the bigger bike demonstrably better. If that’s what you like, it is. The 910 is easier to ride and slightly faster, but it’s also lost the smoothness and barking-mad bluster that make the 750 so much fun. Although most people will probably opt for the $14,500 910 when it arrives in America this fall, I’m not convinced. Bigger, in this case, isn’t necessarily better.
There you have it. Mind blustering 2-stoke style fun, or literbike torqueyness. I've driven many a literbikes, and ABSOLUTELY LOVE TQ, and coming from a liter twin, TQ is something I'm missing. BUT, I love the scream and fun this bike has up top. I'm kinda wondering what they mean by lacking mid range, as midrange is aroundthe 6K mark, and that's where I have the most fun cause that's where the power starts kicking in...unless thier idea of midrange is 3-4K...but then what's considered bottom end?

All in all, you can't go wrong. Remove the snorkels, and get the midpipe, and the 750 sounds even more pissed off.... Remember "Bigger, in this case, isn’t necessarily better."....

·
Registered
922 Posts
I think it goes without saying that there's no definitive 'one is better than the other' here. And without a doubt, the 910 is much loved and respected on this board. Another thing that is clear is that the smaller displacement 750 doesn't appeal to everyone.

For me, I fell in love with the look of the brutale and the promise of a ride like no other, I felt I just had to have it, but I hesitated. I'd been tinkering with the idea of getting a sportsbike for 2 years--was worried that it didn't make financial sense, etc... A week after sitting on that 910, someone bought it. I kicked myself. Damned indecision. Fortunately, a 750 was available so I read the reviews and bargained like crazy with my wife and the dealer. When I got the green light from wifey, I plonked down the cash, and beat 3 other guys who'd been eyeing the bike for a year, probably debating which bike to get--performance, or beauty, practicality, or whatever. Fact is, I'm on a gorgeous brute, having a blast, and they're not. My good fortune born of their indecision. I was also very lucky to get this black/red 750--it's just too beautiful for words and it rides like a fast, wet dream, if you'll excuse the crude expression.

As with all decisions, this is primarily emotional. If you love the idea of going all out, maybe go with the 910. If you love the idea of getting a good deal and saving some money, make an offer on a 750. The smaller engine is an absolute blast (as is also the larger one, albeit in a different way). Which is more fun? I'm not sure it matters. However, you will regret the 750 if really think bigger is better. Only you know if that demon will continue to haunt you. Good luck.

·
Registered
78 Posts
dearpixel said:
I think it goes without saying that there's no definitive 'one is better than the other' here. And without a doubt, the 910 is much loved and respected on this board. Another thing that is clear is that the smaller displacement 750 doesn't appeal to everyone.

For me, I fell in love with the look of the brutale and the promise of a ride like no other, I felt I just had to have it, but I hesitated. I'd been tinkering with the idea of getting a sportsbike for 2 years--was worried that it didn't make financial sense, etc... A week after sitting on that 910, someone bought it. I kicked myself. Damned indecision. Fortunately, a 750 was available so I read the reviews and bargained like crazy with my wife and the dealer. When I got the green light from wifey, I plonked down the cash, and beat 3 other guys who'd been eyeing the bike for a year, probably debating which bike to get--performance, or beauty, practicality, or whatever. Fact is, I'm on a gorgeous brute, having a blast, and they're not. My good fortune born of their indecision. I was also very lucky to get this black/red 750--it's just too beautiful for words and it rides like a fast, wet dream, if you'll excuse the crude expression.

As with all decisions, this is primarily emotional. If you love the idea of going all out, maybe go with the 910. If you love the idea of getting a good deal and saving some money, make an offer on a 750. The smaller engine is an absolute blast (as is also the larger one, albeit in a different way). Which is more fun? I'm not sure it matters. However, you will regret the 750 if really think bigger is better. Only you know if that demon will continue to haunt you. Good luck.
Well said. I have a 910 and considering all I have read I would like a 750 to go along with it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well the insurance man put the kibosh on the 910. Any body know of a 750 in or around Illinois?

Thanks for all the input from everyone. It is nice to see people helping people.
BTW dearpixel and oicdn cheers to you both for hitting the nail on the head!

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
What were the 2 quotes if i may ask? It is good to know how higher for the future if and when the 750 is no longer available.

·
Registered
922 Posts
greent2001 said:
Well the insurance man put the kibosh on the 910. Any body know of a 750 in or around Illinois?

Thanks for all the input from everyone. It is nice to see people helping people.
BTW dearpixel and oicdn cheers to you both for hitting the nail on the head!
No problem mate. Very lucky to have this board. This is a very good board.

Sometimes I look at the bike and pinch myself--it's such a posh ride, I never thought it would be me owning one of the meanest and lustworthy sleds in town.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts