MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Picked up my new (to me) 910 Brutale S yesterday. 2005 with 249 miles on the clock absolutely like new.
Rode it home (10 miles) washed it and put it in it's new home.
It won't be going too far for a week or two as we still have salt on the roads as de-icer at the moment, will continue to use the 1200gs for awhile.

First impressions are very favourable, love the sound... wouldn't want to use earplugs. Surprised at how small the bike felt.
Can't wait for the better weather.

Anyone else here from Northern Ireland??

Cheers

Michael

Note to Admin. If this post is in the wrong place please redirect.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Welcome aboard. I'm not in N. Ireland but what the hell, I pop down to the pub for the irish band every so often.

You be patient with those roads. When the grip is right, you will loooovvvveee your new baby. Good luck, and stick around.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Welcome... sorry about the Salt... that must really suck... and congrats... u got an awesome bike!!!... b4 anyone else jumps in... it's obligatory to post pics otherwise u condemned forever... :)

·
Registered
403 Posts
Not from Northern Ireland, but I like the Dropkick Murphys...wait ...they are from Boston! Anyway, congrats on the Bike. You will love it. MV is the best. The salt will be gone soon and you will be ready to rock!

·
Not very lucky..
1,431 Posts
Congrats on the new to you bike from California :moped:
If you go to the registry you will see where everyone is located just to give you an idea
If you put the bike in the house, you won't have to go outside to look at it! :laughing:

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Congrats!

I have to be cruel sometimes, but I rode a bit yesterday and it was 67F :eek:

·
Registered
230 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the Brutale S :friday:

·
Registered
349 Posts
welcome!!!

This is a great site, welcome aboard. It's a shame the weather is bad, i hear ya. I'm in the same boat, snow melting, but still a bit too cold to let it rip.
This weather has its plus and minus, can't ride, but can buy many mods (carbon) and spend some quality time in the garage getting to know her.
Have fun brotha.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey Michael - Noticed you ride a 1200GS. I do as well and am considering adding a 2006 Brutale 910S to the stable. I live in an area with excellent mountain roads and spend 90% of my time riding the twisties. I'm afraid I may be pushing the tires on my GS to their limit with my style of riding so I'm considering the Brutale for more agressive riding days. What differences have you noticed between the two bikes? The GS is pretty much a big naked bike when you remove the side cases. Are they similar enough to where it does not make sense for me to buy the Brutale?

I appreciate any help/advice.
Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Marc,
Will have to get back to you on this one as I have only covered 10 miles on the Brutale. I bought it for those (rare over here) summer day blasts and also for it's distinctive looks. Do about 8-10000 miles a year on the GS and as you know it does just about everything.
I believe the Brutale which is lighter and more powerful will be a superb good weather tool. Let's hope so.

Regards
Michael

·
Registered
5 Posts
Michael - thanks for the quick reply! I'll await to hear from you on your comparison of the two bikes. I am very curious to know how the 910S compares with the 1200GS. You can also email me at [email protected]

Thanks and ride safe.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts