MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been lurking on this forum since I bought a 2008 910S 2 months ago, thought I better make it official. Nearly bought one of the 1078rr being shipped in to Peter Stevens, but got a great deal on the 910S with only 500k's on it.

Few observations so far:

Mirrors not very useful
Slippery pegs (nearly fell off on test ride!)
Rear end where numberplate fits ugly (most bikes are these days)
Would like some more noise from the exhaust

Have emailed Trooper Lu about some CRG mirrors, barends to suit and a Melotti tail tidy. Just waiting on the tail tidy to turn up and they will be shipped to me. Kirra at Trooper Lus has provided fantastic customer service!

Now to the exhausts, really like the look of the standard slash pipes, but the Arrow stubbies sound great. Are there any other options besides the MV Corse that keep the original look without breaking the bank?

Footpeg options?

Any advice much appreciated

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
CAG^ do those only work with adjustable rearsets, or could I get a set for my non-adjustable?

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
They work on both. They just replace your foot pegs. It is 10 minute job to replace your existing pegs with these.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Been lurking on this forum since I bought a 2008 910S 2 months ago, thought I better make it official. Nearly bought one of the 1078rr being shipped in to Peter Stevens, but got a great deal on the 910S with only 500k's on it.

Few observations so far:

Mirrors not very useful

Have emailed Trooper Lu about some CRG mirrors, barends to suit and a Melotti tail tidy. Just waiting on the tail tidy to turn up and they will be shipped to me. Kirra at Trooper Lus has provided fantastic customer service!

Now to the exhausts, really like the look of the standard slash pipes, but the Arrow stubbies sound great. Are there any other options besides the MV Corse that keep the original look without breaking the bank?

Footpeg options?

Welcome! Yeah, those mirrors...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi Nads welcome from wet QLD I have a 1078 and have fitted a set of the MV Corse 'Inox' slash cut mufflers
from Evolution it they are a race pipe but as I retained the cat it is acceptable on the road and sounds excellent on the overrun and looks stock Cheers P

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Footpegs question been answered, thank you CAG.

Padier, get a good sound even with the cat still fitted? Thought I was gunna have to fork out for a complete system. Do I need a fuel controller upgrade with these?

My previous bike was a 2007 Z1000, had a set of MIVV carbon slip ons, had a great sound with the db killers removed

This is a great site, plenty of knowledge and support for MV owners.

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Welcome Nads. It's a good thing you're a Brutie rider with a name like Nads. If you were a F4 rider, you'd have to give up that moniker.......maybe adopt "Wuss". :green:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welcome Nads. It's a good thing you're a Brutie rider with a name like Nads. If you were a F4 rider, you'd have to give up that moniker.......maybe adopt "Wuss". :green:
Me thinks there are some separate factions within this site.

Love the look of the F4, but not flexible enough to be in that riding position. Would end up looking like a dog mounted up on a cricket ball!

·
Super Moderator
2,644 Posts
Welcome NAD's, the other option for footpegs is using a dremmel and cutting into the edges (like a mango), this resolved my slippery peg issue (especially in the wet).

Mirror - absolutely replace with bar-ends.

Pipes - hmmmm, each to their own, but I like the sound of the stock pipes at full song....but as you're used to after-markets the arrow shorty (Gremmin put one on his 910) do sound great.

Welcome to the family mate

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Me thinks there are some separate factions within this site.

Love the look of the F4, but not flexible enough to be in that riding position. Would end up looking like a dog mounted up on a cricket ball!
Eloquent observation Nads. Indeed, most F4 riders look like mounted dogs.......that being said, Brutie guys and F4 guys rag on each other all the time, but all in good fun.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
welcome nads,I am only changing the cat,my arrow mid pipe should arrive in the next couple of days,really have know idea what it will sound like,if any difference at all, but i am thinking of drilling out the baffle,which i think is about 3/4 the way down the muffler,using a 20mm extended metal hole saw,I did this on the sreet triple, and it sounds awesome, but I still have not got the courage to try it on the brutale because if I stuff it up it is going to cost me big.anyway I also need new mirrors that do not shake, anyone have some good suggestions and links to certain sites would be greatly appreciated , also i understand there is a cover plate you can put over the existing mirror stub. any help would be fantastic.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi Nads welcome from wet QLD I have a 1078 and have fitted a set of the MV Corse 'Inox' slash cut mufflers
from Evolution it they are a race pipe but as I retained the cat it is acceptable on the road and sounds excellent on the overrun and looks stock Cheers P
Padier, they are a good price from Evolution. Do you need to do anything with the fuel mapping?

·
Premium Member
1,586 Posts

Few observations so far:

Mirrors not very useful

Footpeg options?

Hi Nads,

Welcome to the forum and congrates on the Purchase.

We can maybe help you with the Mv Corse Race slip on Exhausts, We have 2 sets on special offer if your intrested for the Brutales.

Shipped to Australia price: £325

Let us know if your intrested.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi Nads,

Welcome to the forum and congrates on the Purchase.

We can maybe help you with the Mv Corse Race slip on Exhausts, We have 2 sets on special offer if your intrested for the Brutales.

Shipped to Australia price: £325

Let us know if your intrested.
Had a quick look on your site, couldnt find. Please post a link

·
Registered
29 Posts
Footpegs question been answered, thank you CAG.

Padier, get a good sound even with the cat still fitted? Thought I was gunna have to fork out for a complete system. Do I need a fuel controller upgrade with these?

My previous bike was a 2007 Z1000, had a set of MIVV carbon slip ons, had a great sound with the db killers removed

This is a great site, plenty of knowledge and support for MV owners.
Hi Nads sorry for the delay in replying, But with mine I fitted the air cleaner and the mufflers at the same time and it runs normally 1200 idle starts as per normal and I have done over 3000km without a problem I cannot state that your bike would be the same but I would think it should be Cheers :brutale:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hi Nads sorry for the delay in replying, But with mine I fitted the air cleaner and the mufflers at the same time and it runs normally 1200 idle starts as per normal and I have done over 3000km without a problem I cannot state that your bike would be the same but I would think it should be Cheers :brutale:
Thanks for the reply Padier. I have ordered a set from Design Corse, Al has been good to deal with. Didn't think about the air cleaner, will get on to it. What brand did you buy?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts