MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello to all my name is andrew and i live in south wales uk, i don't own an mv yet but am looking to get one in the near future.I would like a 750 as i think it would be a good all round bike. I currently own an rgv250 which is alot of fun to ride. Having seen an mv in a magazine i totally was blown away.I would be very grateful for all pros and cons of ownig an mv and would also like any info on price,maintenance etc. many thanks in advance

andrew

·
Registered
390 Posts
Hi andrew and welcome. Everyone here is a friendly bunch and all you need to know will have been on the forum. Regarding buying.........if your in the Market for a 750 then I would buy an evo 3 they are some of the last made with all the updates done, they can be picked up for around 5-7k or you could be patient and get a limited edition like the SR - SPR - Senna these have the most power especially the SR & SPR but very rare.

If your getting a later model then just go for one that has been looked after and a FSH. BTW servicing is every 4K and not on a time scedual.

Hope you find her soon

regards

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Hi Andrew your'e welcome. What type of MV appeals to you...Brutale or F4 sports bike?. I have a Brutale1078rr which 'may' be a little too much for you and coming from a 250 I think your choice of a 750 is a very wise one. The quality and exclusivity of an MV cannot be matched and if you do go for one you'll be 'livin the dream'!. You'll probably find the insurance a bit more expensive than other run of the mill bikes which I'm sure will be no surprise. Having said that, seeing as it's a 750 you're after it shouldn't be too bad. MVs tend to be bought by people who really appreciate true quality and as such getting one you'll find it'll have been really well looked after, probably not have many miles on it and have been serviced as it should have been. Despite what others (who have never owned an MV) say these bikes are very reliable and the members on this excellent forum will definitely offer help and advise with any concerns which you may have.....the thing is we ALL love these bikes and are only too willing to share whatever knowledge we have to each other. So Andrew get yourself an MV you'll love it!! Brian (BG) Wells.

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Buy a Brutie Andrew..........Chicks dig 'em.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Welcome Andrew.

Can't help with these modern things..................go get yourself a classic MV and have some real fun!

No,only joking. You have come to the right place here, they are a good bunch and i'm sure you will get all the answers you need.

Don't forget to join the UK MV Club.

Dorian.

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
Welcome Andrew....Good luck with the search for an MV.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Welcome to the site Andrew. What is your budget if you don't mind me asking? You can get an early 750 for around the £4000 - £5000 mark depending on age and condition etc. Most F4's have been well looked after but not all of course. The old adage 'you get what you pay for' springs to mind. If you can run to £7000 give me a call, I know someone who has a really nice low mileage 1000S for sale. Lol:stickpoke

·
Registered
177 Posts
Welcome Andrew,

With the roads of South Wales the Brutale has to be the bike of choice. :brutale: :)

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
seeing has you live in south wales , why not give stp aring at pontypool 01495760799 and tell them ian sent ya, they raced bsb last year and are newly appointed mv dealers, so should have something, ask for jon or simon

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
will do that as they are just up the road from me, i did see them advertised but was'nt quite sure if they were a dealer or service centre. also would like to thank everyone for their comments and advice. as for a budget that depends on my father in law who is going to help me out at some point.

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Welcome! :)

The B 750 is THE perfect all-rounder.
I had 26,000 miles on mine, track days, commuting, touring, etc. Loved every mile.

·
Registered
351 Posts
welcome and i hope you get your MV soon. The best bunch of guys in the world.... it's love and hate relationship....but they're always there to give you the best advice!!!!

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hello again it's been a while since my last post and alot has happened.My father in law passed away and my darling wife has told me that i can have an mv,i'm looking to spend around 6k and would like a 750 f4 in red and preferably a single seat although not important,if anyone knows of any for sale in the next 6 weeks can they let me know. Many thanks

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
will do that as they are just up the road from me, i did see them advertised but was'nt quite sure if they were a dealer or service centre. also would like to thank everyone for their comments and advice. as for a budget that depends on my father in law who is going to help me out at some point.

Yeah ,STP are a good bunch. I've dealt with them a good few times.

Welcome to the Forum Andrew....

joe:smoking:

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
they've now moved from pontypool to hereford,reason being not much business where they where
wow - didn't know that. I see their website still shows a picture of the Pontypool 'showroom' (a bit tucked away IMHO), but the address has changed in the 'Contact' page.

http://www.stpmotorsport.co.uk/

There's a couple of meets coming up - you dont need a bike for either. 16/17 April there's the Cardiff Classic & Modern Show at Llanishen High School - usually a couple of MVs there (mine anyway), on the 16th April there's the Italian Automoto festival at Bristol, meet at Gordano Services and convoy in (if you have an MV). There'll be a contingent there for sure.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts