MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone!
Just bought my dream machine. A 2005 F4 1000.
Its blue and silver, mint condition with get this...127km on it. Not a typo. 127km. Its brand new and been in climate controlled storage for years. Its at the dealership right now getting a complete once over before I go for a ride this weekend. I think I got a great price at $8500 CAD. I'll get some pics up soon. Looking forward to the wealth of information on here. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Wow does Blue/Silver ever look good on an MV!

Toby

·
Administrator
19,508 Posts
Love the Diamante color scheme....welcome to the family!

·
Administrator
19,508 Posts
Bring it to the Bubba next month!!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Beautiful bike and congratulations! Virtually brand new as well. Love the blue/silver almost as much as my red/silver. You'll certainly attract plenty of attention with that beauty. You have all winter to sit back and admire your piece of Italian artwork!!

Eric

·
Registered
938 Posts
I tried to convince my gf to let me keep it in the living room...but she said no. Oh well, at least she let me buy it.
I think your priorities need an evaluation.....
It should be whether or not the new bike want the GF in the living room. :thewife:
And the bike isn't going to be mad when your caught riding another bike! :naughty:

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I like the way you are thinking! Unfortunately she does not. I've put 450km on the bike in 24hrs lol. I'm just in love with this thing. Glad I didn't listen to the idiots who told me that I should get a CBR 250 as my first bike.

·
Registered
938 Posts
First bike?
Don't let the power go to your head! I'm sure you've heard the warnings. Just make sure to keep the shiny side up! :f4:

·
Registered
5,040 Posts
As long as you exercise throttle control and maturity, you should be fine with the power. A big advantage that a CBR250 has over a F4 is that it's much lighter in weight and easier for some people to maneuver at slow speeds. Most bike drops for newbies that I've seen happen in slow speed turning and stopping (not always though). Congrats on finding a low mileage, rare and desirable F4. :smoking:

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well I guess I'm not a complete newb on bikes. I used to race motocross at the intermediate level so I have some good basics. I'm also 6'4 225lbs so I need a big bike t get me around. It fits me like a glove. Its crazy how much bigger it is than a modern day gixxer 1000. But its 246,996 times better looking and sounding! Has 680km on it now. What do you guys recommend for a good chain lube?

·
Registered
5,040 Posts
Well I guess I'm not a complete newb on bikes. I used to race motocross at the intermediate level so I have some good basics.
Oh, well then disregard my comments about being a biking newbie. :f4:
But its 246,996 times better looking and sounding!
More like 246,997 :smoking:
What do you guys recommend for a good chain lube?
Chain lube is like toothpaste - everyone has their favorite flavor. I like the Motul chain lube. :)

·
Registered
938 Posts
Well, if you raced motocross you'll be backin' it in in no time!
Italia's right about the lube, some swear by WD-40, others 90wt gear oil, I like to use an "anti fling" aerosol. Coat it well when the chain's warm and then I wipe the excess with a rag. Careful not to get your fingers caught! :jsm:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts