MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, thought I'd get myself on here. Not been on the road bike scene since 2006 having sold my Benelli Tornado Tre to get back into racing

Just ordered myself the Brutale Dragster RR due in March, cant wait!

Hopefully I'll get some helpful info on here as I get back into it. Quite a bit has changed since 2006!

·
Registered
845 Posts
Hi back to you.

Not that much has changed allthough it seems that today manufacturers favor electronics before build quality. Not so much MV since they seem to have taken the middle way. And what a way it is, stunning bikes with stunning performance.

Have fun with it

·
Registered
122 Posts
Welcome to the forums and congrats on the new purchase. Post pictures when she arrives. Those new RRs are definitely exciting and will be a fun bike for sure :)

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, yes will do. 3 months is gonna drag! Just went out today and got all my new dainese leathers etc so I'm pretty much ready. Does anyone have pics or info on any helmet locks, storage or anything on these Brutale's I have no idea what they do and don't get

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
There's vitually no space under the seat as the abs takes up loads of room !

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There's vitually no space under the seat as the abs takes up loads of room !
Yes I'm gathering quickly these bikes have alot of electronics on them! Do they have helmet locks or anything and could you get a disc or cable lock under that storage bit?

I'm all for the electronics, I remember my 2005 R1 at isle of Man, it was rapid but nervy when the roads got damp

·
Registered
317 Posts
I'm wondering about the same :D
Also ordered a Dragster RR, and it would be nice if one can fit a disclock ore something under there :p

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Errr don't think so, the dragster is worse than the brutale for space. There's no room under the pillion part of the seat and under the riders seat is the abs unit. Mine hasn't got abs so I can get a lock and chain under there, small bottle of visor spray and a cloth and a couple other little bits and bobs but there isn't enough room for a small bottle of water or anything adventurous like that lol. Also if the roads wet then everything gets soaked under there as it's not weather protected.

·
Registered
320 Posts
My Brutale has ABS and no space whatsoever for anything of any use under the seat! Nor do the bikes come with a helmet lock on the frame like in the '80s ;-)

Enjoy... They are terrific bikes to enjoy riding though!!

·
Registered
560 Posts
Do they have helmet locks or anything and could you get a disc or cable lock under that storage bit?
No room at all for a disk lock or much of anything else. I cant fit my phone underneath the seat (I have ABS) nor can I fit my wallet without crushing it. I carry my disk lock around in a backpack when I need to lock the bike up. If I was in a situation where I needed to lock mine up on the daily I would buy this (http://roadlok.com/) in a heartbeat. As for my helmet; theft/people putting things and or relieving themselves in my helmet deterred me from that years ago.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Welcome. You picked the right bike to start riding again. Get ready to smile a lot. I always take my backpack. The only thing under the seat is my registration.

·
Registered
317 Posts
No room at all for a disk lock or much of anything else. I cant fit my phone underneath the seat (I have ABS) nor can I fit my wallet without crushing it. I carry my disk lock around in a backpack when I need to lock the bike up. If I was in a situation where I needed to lock mine up on the daily I would buy this (http://roadlok.com/) in a heartbeat. As for my helmet; theft/people putting things and or relieving themselves in my helmet deterred me from that years ago.
Thats a lock i want!!! The lock is ingenious!! :D
Just have to find out which one would fit the Dragster RR :)

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Do they have helmet locks or anything and could you get a disc or cable lock under that storage bit?
Just see this disc lock! Wow I'll be getting one of them. £200ish quid is a touch steep but looks very practical. I'll do some googling to find somewhere in England, thanks!

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Welcome. You picked the right bike to start riding again. Get ready to smile a lot. I always take my backpack. The only thing under the seat is my registration.
Yeh thanks, I've always had a thing for twins and triples. I just find Italian bikes have more soul and quirks and this one really caught my eye. Hoping with it not being a full on superbike I'll calm down a bit. I gave up the road bikes to back into racing due to being a bit throttle and stunt happy before :-/

·
Super Moderator
24,102 Posts
Thats a lock i want!!! The lock is ingenious!! :D
Just have to find out which one would fit the Dragster RR :)
Just see this disc lock! Wow I'll be getting one of them. £200ish quid is a touch steep but looks very practical. I'll do some googling to find somewhere in England, thanks!
There is a thread on here somewhere about a gent who had terrible vibration issues related to one of those disc locks.

·
Registered
639 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
That was one of the bolts that come with the lock. As i read it, one of the bolts where bent, and made the caliper a bit offline. So a new bolt on there should do it :)

·
Registered
560 Posts
So I tried to fit my very very light sweater (think athletic long sleeve tshirt) under my seat. I gave up after the third try. I think the issue is less a lack of space and more just trying to get the middle hook to latch in. If that latch wasnt there then you could easily fit clothes and flat things underneath it.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts