MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you adjust the handle bars so they don't smash your hands on a tight turn :mad:

or what add on would I need to order to fix problem :nerd:

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
47 Posts
The best way to eliminate this is to purchase an aftermarket set of Handle Bar Risers. Fast By Ferracci has a nice set but they are a tad pricey. The cheapest way out is to swap your existing handle bar clamps from left to right (the right clamp is put on the left fork tube and the left clamp is put on the right fork tube) but turned upside down before you put them on. Trust me, this works really good. I did it on my 2002 F4 1+1 and it was perfect. I could not do it on my current SPR because the angle of the handle bars set in the SPR clamps is too radical (the seating position on the SPR is more forward than on your standard F4 750 because the handle bars are set extremely low). On the SPR, when you swap them and turn them up side down your handle bars actually angle up at a wierd degree. I know this sounds a bit confusing so I have provided a link below that details exactly how this is done. Good luck!

http://mvfaq.blogspot.com/2005/09/clip-on-risers-for-no-cost-f4.html

·
Registered
72 Posts
It's a problem on all F4s. The solution is as simple as not turning it to the lock point when moving the bike. And since it's not a factor when riding I wouldn't spend any money on fixing it. What number SPR do you have? I've got number 290.

·
Registered
279 Posts
dgalleo said:
The best way to eliminate this is to purchase an aftermarket set of Handle Bar Risers. Fast By Ferracci has a nice set but they are a tad pricey. The cheapest way out is to swap your existing handle bar clamps from left to right (the right clamp is put on the left fork tube and the left clamp is put on the right fork tube) but turned upside down before you put them on. Trust me, this works really good. I did it on my 2002 F4 1+1 and it was perfect. I could not do it on my current SPR because the angle of the handle bars set in the SPR clamps is too radical (the seating position on the SPR is more forward than on your standard F4 750 because the handle bars are set extremely low). On the SPR, when you swap them and turn them up side down your handle bars actually angle up at a wierd degree. I know this sounds a bit confusing so I have provided a link below that details exactly how this is done. Good luck!

does anyone have a pic of this when its finished? I was wondering how the angle of the clip ons look.

·
Registered
194 Posts
dgalleo said:

I bought the FBF risers and they actually made the problem worse (see picture in my registry). I ended up taking them off, selling them on Ebay and putting the original ones back on. If you think about it, the only time you make a tight turn locking the handle bars is at very, very low speeds, so it is not as bad. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
194 Posts
darthmvader said:
does anyone have a pic of this when its finished? I was wondering how the angle of the clip ons look.
I have a picture in my registry, but read my other reply in this thread.

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Check this out "To fit: MV Agusta F4 750/1000 - All years/All models
Recessed air duct covers professionally bonded onto standard air duct tubes, not only do they look good, but no more trapping your fingers/thumbs between the handlebars and ducts! This is an exchange item, you send us your current plastic ducts and we send you these ducts all ready made! Great item!
" http://www.emotouk.com/mvagusta/f4carbon.htm

Anyone ever tried this?

·
Registered
96 Posts
I've just adapted to suit - just don't be so hamfisted when doing the tight turns...

MV's actually have a fantastic turning circle compared to alot of sports bikes out there!

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
The recessed air tubes dont look good in my opinion, maybe thats why MVsp dont make them, however the 'thumb busting' is just a quirk, I mean is it really something that you would need to change the bars for? How often would this happen....parking...?

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
agusta01 said:
The recessed air tubes dont look good in my opinion, maybe thats why MVsp dont make them, however the 'thumb busting' is just a quirk, I mean is it really something that you would need to change the bars for? How often would this happen....parking...?
Have you seen them, then? Any pic?

And i agree. I also don't see a reason to change the bars because of his. But that's on a 1000.
I've hear the issue is worse on the 750.

·
Registered
194 Posts
chino said:
I jest. :p

But seriously - once you learn how to turn them in a tight situation, its easy as pie and they will turn around in a 2 lane road with ease.
I agree with you. I have/had a couple of japanese bikes and I just sold a Triumph Daytona. The japs are not as tight and the brit has the turning radius of a truck. :later:

·
Registered
459 Posts
Hi,
new here but not to MV's.
The recessed covers make a big difference .

I have an uphill 90 left,on gravel to leave and a downhill 90 right, on gravel coming home.I used to shit myself coming home,I,m about 5 5" and the ground is falling away where I want to put my foot,there is a six foot high wall to run into if you dont get full lock at the right moment and if your hand gets trapped at that point . Well its not too funny,the standard covers are shite :finger: .With the recessed covers its no longer an issue.

Infact, in the UK some bikes failed MOT test on this issue, whereupon owner had to contact Importer who then gave a name and number in Dept of Transport for MOT tester to call. MV have a special dispensation on this.So you can say they are officially crap also.

I have two sets with modified covers,both badly fitted ,one of each set starting to open up and in need of rebonding ,I,m pretty sure they were both Casoli exchange jobs. The carbon isnt bad just the fit thats crap. But they work and thats what's important to me, not the cosmetic side

Also have two sets of QB carbon recessed runners.They are supplied without the correct fixings you either need to buy new rubber nuts or drill out to take your MV ones. I also had a problem with the tubes getting blown out of the airbox as the spiggott length is reduced by about 4mm ,They are a fiddle to fit, never fall into place like the standard ones.
Got a dissappointing response from QB ,so I cast some extensions for the spiggots and have no more problems. They look good ,the intake is much bigger than standard ,the noise is incredible. They are not cheap though.

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
Hello and welcome to mvagusta.net :)

Glad to see your MV(s) in the registry! So you have two? At first I thought you had updated your previous registry submission but now i see two, nice!

Hope you enjoy the site, let me know if you have any suggestions-

-Alvin

·
Registered
459 Posts
Thanks for the welcome Alvin.Ive been looking for a home since F4 went down.

Saw Pete having trouble with the noise from all those Ducati's in here ,so thought a set of loud Casoli's might help :)

Thanks for site . I found pics of my first MV in the custom gallery,red with white number boards and twin projector lights ,was I trying to make it look like a 916 :barfalot:

The pics in the registry show both Casoli inserts and full carbon runners,I have better pics somewhere if needed.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts