MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My tire guy just buggered up the 55mm axle nut this morning trying to 'help' me change tires. He's willing to get me a replacement. Are there aftermarket ones avaiable as well? I see there are TPO titanium ones available but no other options beside stock.

thanks

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
Try forum member CAG, especially if you're in the USA which is a reasonable assumption given you're looking at the TPO option.
Carl may have a spare used one. this will keep the price down for your tyre guy and he will most likely look after you in the future given the titanium ones are more expensive and actually weigh slightly more that the standard ones.
May I suggest that you buy a tapered purpose built socket for next time?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the Cag-vise. Yes he and I both know now. :)

Try forum member CAG, especially if you're in the USA which is a reasonable assumption given you're looking at the TPO option.
Carl may have a spare used one. this will keep the price down for your tyre guy and he will most likely look after you in the future given the titanium ones are more expensive and actually weigh slightly more that the standard ones.
May I suggest that you buy a tapered purpose built socket for next time?

·
Premium Member
2,575 Posts
Yeah get the socket while your at it and keep it under the seat just in case.
+1

...was at a track day a year ago and managed to get a screw imbedded in the rear...the track guys had a tyre...but no socket to get the rear off....bizarre considering the number of Ducati's running around the track here ???

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Many of the problems with damaging the rear nut when removing the wheel are because the recommended torque is very high. There are several threads here on this subject, I never torque the rear nut above 180Nm myself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts