MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone just wanted to say hello since I've been reading alot of the post for a while now. I own a red 04 BrutaleS, I bought used with 1000 miles. I really love it. Have owned some Ducatis in the past, Monsters and a 749. Wondering if there is any little secrets with the MVs you guys could let me in on. The one question I do have is my wife gives me S**T everytime I get home from a ride, saying I stink like gas, from what I've read this is normal with MV Agusta? Anything anyone could tell me would be great!! Thanks Joe

·
Registered
398 Posts
JoeC8 said:
Hi everyone just wanted to say hello since I've been reading alot of the post for a while now. I own a red 04 BrutaleS, I bought used with 1000 miles. I really love it. Have owned some Ducatis in the past, Monsters and a 749. Wondering if there is any little secrets with the MVs you guys could let me in on. The one question I do have is my wife gives me S**T everytime I get home from a ride, saying I stink like gas, from what I've read this is normal with MV Agusta? Anything anyone could tell me would be great!! Thanks Joe
Congratulations on the purchase :)

Yes it is normal to smell like this.

But in italy its called Itailian perfume not gas! :laughing:

·
Registered
922 Posts
I'm not saying there's a solution, but I've swapped the cat for a straight through mid-pipe and the perfume is gone. However, it could also be due to the aerodynamic back-pack I now use which reduces the vacuum behind the rider.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Welcome JoeC8 & congrats on owning one the best bikes out there!!
The fuel smell comes from the factory fuel injection mapping which can be a little rich at various rpm ranges & throttle openings. The best solution is to fit a power commander & have someone custom map it for your bike on a dyno. Not only will the fuel smell go away, but you'll get increased performance, smoother operation & decreased fuel consumption. :guitarist

·
Registered
35 Posts
Just a quick question, Joe. I too am a newbie to MV's and also have a Brutale S. I'd be interested in knowing what made you change to a Brutale after riding Ducatis. They must be sooo different. Unfortunately I haven't had the pleasure of comparing both. Your thoughts???

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for all the quick responses. Idubbs I had a 750 monster that I liked but kinda grew out of it pretty fast, I stepped up to a 2003 749s that I loved. The v-twins are all I ever owned until this Brutale, so it's a little getting used to, an inline. Really the only reason I sold the 749 was for comfort issues and seeing the Brutale and just falling in love with it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts