MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone

im hazza from the UK, been riding for 8 years predominantly sports bikes. i used to ride my dads MV F4 750 quite abit and he finally got the hump with me this year racking mileage up on it that he made me get my own. ive still got my first love which is my Triumph Daytona 675, ive spent as much money on as i did buying my MV! so couldnt part with her at all, im gonna try and push her to track next year abit more.

my MV is a 2009 F4 1078 RR 312, it's my first liter bike and only done 4,500miles, didnt stop me adding 500miles in the first 2 days of owning it haha!! im not one for worrying about mileage as i racked my Daytona to 24,000miles in three years. its what they are designed for right?! i swear that my Daytona and RR plot different ways of braking down to each other in the garage, one British and one Italian cant be a great combination of reliability! (the Triumph living up to that to a T!)

anyway she's still completely standard, after a week of owning her she was straight on the dyno and was kicking out 172.47BHP and 82.83 max Torque. i'm hoping thats good for an MV at that age? but i have a whole list of needed bits already for her. microtech, MWR filter (i have one on my trumpet already, amazing bit of kit!) and maybe a RG3 exhaust. but i still need to get in contact with Xbikes about it.

anyway this has turned into a bit of a novel now, im made keen on knowing more about the MV's so any niggles please tell me!!!

and how do i up load images as im struggling to get to understand that lol!

·
Registered
971 Posts
Hi Haz, where in the UK are you? Plenty of decent UK people on here with decent advice and recommendations of good dealers.

·
Registered
7,793 Posts
Welcome

·
Administrator
20,073 Posts
Welcome to the family!!!

·
Registered
517 Posts
Welcome aboard. My 312RR is at X-Bikes right now getting 20 BHP added along with bling.

Come the good weather we organise some ride outs. You wont be alone as Rosemary on her 1098 comes out with us most times.

A

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ah sweet dude! what are you having done to her at xbikes? i find it real sluggish at low rev's, the fueling on my Daytona 675 is waay better and i hate admitting that!

·
Registered
14,532 Posts
welcome!

Hazza;
welcome aboard:drummer:

i see you over on the UK forum too:)
on the pipes ask Chris about the Bodis.....definitely do the MicroTec:yo:

·
Registered
517 Posts
ah sweet dude! what are you having done to her at xbikes? i find it real sluggish at low rev's, the fueling on my Daytona 675 is waay better and i hate admitting that!

I have had the steering tube swapped out for a 750 one which allegedely changes the rake ? Different swing arm plates/ride height. Forks dropped through yokes, pins removed from levers to allow a better position. Suspension all set up. Performance air filter, Microtek ECU, exhaust decatted and modified to sortof RG3 spec,

Already had Muzzy fans on it.

Then on the bling side it has had the exhaust mirror polished, the marchesinis mirror polished and painted.

The dash went to Italy for a new face and an in built gear position indicator.

Probably a few things that I have forgotten

A

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
I have had the steering tube swapped out for a 750 one which allegedely changes the rake ? Different swing arm plates/ride height. Forks dropped through yokes, pins removed from levers to allow a better position. Suspension all set up. Performance air filter, Microtek ECU, exhaust decatted and modified to sortof RG3 spec,

Already had Muzzy fans on it.

Then on the bling side it has had the exhaust mirror polished, the marchesinis mirror polished and painted.

The dash went to Italy for a new face and an in built gear position indicator.

Probably a few things that I have forgotten

A
Yes it does change the rake a tad and quickens the steering ...Donsy has done this with a bearing carrier I sent down under : )
joe

ps Welcome to the forum Hazza : )

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Hi Hazza, welcome to the forum, keep an eye on the rear hub bearings, plenty of threads on here about those. Lol

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
Hi,
I'm a newbie here too!
Here is how you post a picture!
Click on "Go Advanced" towards the bottom of the screen.
Exciting eh?
Then click on "Manage Attachments", also towards the bottom of the screen.
A window will pop up. Click on "Browse"
Then find the picture you want to upload - I normally have them on my desktop so they are easy to find.
Then click "upload"
When you are happy just push "Submit Reply"
Yay!

As an example, here is one of my good friend Ade, who you may know as he is from England too.
Now, Ade looks like he is on a scale but that's actually a generation II ride height tool he's been working on over the last two months since the Bubbalicious III. Seems happy with it as he's giving it the big "Thumbs up"!
Welcome to the forum. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Ade's a big ol' boy. Donna's a pretty lady. Hazza you would get on with them great!!

·
Administrator
20,073 Posts
Dave.....Ade is a Manx Man.....not from England.....Isle of Man...oldest operational parliamentary government on this planet... they have their own currency...

So now Hazza is just another delusional dream for the horn dogs???? Say it ain't so.... (not that it would do me any good).

·
Registered
76 Posts
I test rode the 675 when it came out, and it was a fun little bike! Fueling was crisp... Nothing a piggy-back tuner can't fix on the MV, though.

1 - 20 of 174 Posts