MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings gorum. Newbie from so cal inland empire. Just purchased a 990 Brutale. I love this bike!!!! Have wanted one for a long time. I have always though the were amazing and no i own one ?

·
Administrator
20,056 Posts
Welcome to the family !!! Please add your location to your profile.

Photos from Apple devices show up in their originally taken orientation when posted... you can edit the photo and save a copy in correct "right side up" and then add it and we won't have to stand on our heads to look at your beauty.

Most functions are changed by pressing the starter button while in neutral with the engine running......

Donsy from "Down Under" created a web site that hosts many of the manuals for our bikes. Have a look here, then send Donsy a big hug for his generosity:

http://www.teamdouble3racing.com/manuals.php

·
Registered
398 Posts
Good looking bike. Welcome

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the greetings and info, love these bikes, look forward to reading the post's here.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Wow - nice - you sound like me!

I bought a 2010 990R last year, always wanted a Brutale and stumbled upon one with 1282 miles sitting in my local consignment shop. I love this bike!!!!!!!

Love the 2-tone paint on the Brutales. I might one day get some other bodywork from Ebay and swap colors. Is yours custom painted?

Looks like you have a nice dent in your header... :(

Check your rear sprocket for looseness as the cush rubbers wear out on these rather quickly. It may wiggle back and forth and in and out.

See if you can find out if the shift spring has been addressed. Mine broke and I had to replace it with the updated one (easy job).

Attachments

·
Registered
282 Posts
Swapping engine modes and clearing trip meter, search works great here and there is a lot of shared info. Its also in your manual, and if you got the USB key the manuals are on there also. But here is the cheat sheet.

Changing maps is always a crap shoot for me... :D Usually get it on the 3rd try. haha

Resetting the trip is such a pain in the ass and takes about 12 seconds at LEAST for such a simple function.

Attachments

·
Registered
282 Posts
Here's a nice video on resetting trip if your more visually oriented:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the info, where do I get the updated shifter spring? Looking for a used stock header for my bike as we speak. Your bike looks sweet!!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Just sport and regular, I wouldn't call it "rain" mode as the power is still there, just slower to apply.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Thanks for the info, where do I get the updated shifter spring? Looking for a used stock header for my bike as we speak. Your bike looks sweet!!
You can either go with the Yamaha spring, or order the shifter spring from an MV dealer, they should have them. They come with two new washers for the MV sourced square cross-section spring.

https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/20-maintenance-tech-issues-all-4-cyl-models/146794-gearbox-selector-torsion-spring.html

https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/20-maintenance-tech-issues-all-4-cyl-models/50798-gearbox-selector-spring-repacement-eddypro.html

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks, have the bike in rain mode just to see the difference and have ordered the Yamaha shifetr spring, just need a used header and the tach gear.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Thanks, have the bike in rain mode just to see the difference and have ordered the Yamaha shifetr spring, just need a used header and the tach gear.
It's not rain mode, you still have 100% power. More like "touring" mode where the throttle is more progressive.

Since I did the BDS sprocket carrier, I leave mine in Sport Mode all the time now - that plus the slipper clutch...it's like buttah!

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Welcome - that's a great colour !

1 - 20 of 21 Posts