MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, been lurking around this site for the last couple of weeks now, that’s when I had first had my heart set on getting an Agusta.
A little about myself: I’m 47, just got back into riding 4 months ago and am loving it, wish I did it a lot sooner. (Life got in the way). Anyway, I live in Cornubia, just south of Brisbane, Australia. Currently ride a Kawasaki ER-6N and am now ready to get a real bike. My plans were to get a Daytona 675, loved the look, test rode a few and just loved them. As my wife really loves to get on the back of the bike with me now and then the Daytona just didn’t suit.
The Triumph dealer I went to then showed me the Street Triples which I didn’t mind either, didn’t look anywhere near as good as the Daytona but was more suited to my (and wife) needs. The dealer was also an Agusta dealer and he had a Brutale 920 in the showroom, it looked awesome, and got me thinking.
I went home and did some research, (that’s how I found this site) then I found the Brutale 675 B3, well phuck me, I was sold. Craps all over the triple. What a fantastic looking machine along with the F3. Problem is that it’s not currently available in Australia and won’t be till September / October, according to the dealer. How the hell am I supposed to sleep till then.
Anyway I’m going into the dealer this weekend to put my order in for one, (Pearl White), also thought I might take the 920 for a test ride if I can.
My question to you all is: What do you think of buying the “first of” something? Is the Agusta product stable enough or is there a chance of major headaches down the road for me.
Keen to hear your thoughts.
Also, what a great looking forum this is, seems to have a great bunch of friendly and knowledgeable people.
One last thing, I see there’s lots of members here from the Brisbane area, I’m usually out on at least one day every weekend in and around Mt Tamborine, Mt Glorious, Mt Nebo or Mt Mee and anywhere else I can find. I usually ride with a mate who rides and Aprillia RSV4, so if after September you see these two Italian beauties (The bikes) riding around, stop and say hello.
Hope this post hasn’t been too long.
Paul

·
Registered
386 Posts
Gday Paul,
Welcome to the forum mate.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Hi and welcome Paul :)

Mate, your right, that F3 sure looks the goods :yo: And like you, I can't wait to see one either.

I think the first model of anything will have some gremlins.....Remember, MV Agusta is not a HUGE company, owned by some Auto Conglomerate, so things will, and do sometimes take time. But MV Agusta HAS improved a lot compared to pre Harley ownership IMHO. You know, just don't expect Honda turn around.

Hope to meet you on the Mountains soon :)

·
Vendor
5,360 Posts
Great to see another Brisbane boy on here,welcome,good to catch up some time.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Howdy. If you are going to pack the missus on the back the larger engined Brute might be the go. In regards to torque there is no substitute for cubic inches.

·
Registered
655 Posts
welcome to the forum..and YES..this is a very friendly place with LOTS of knowledge that will help u to resolve any issues with your Brute! ;) :D :D

MV is one great machine...no matter the F4 or Brute...both gorgeous bikes..but F4's look BETTER!!!! :D :D :D :D hahaaha

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
Aussie Aussie Aussie....
Oi Oi Oi.

(It's the national anthem).

Welcome from NZ.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
paul my rule is
i never buy the mark one always wait till the next lot is coming off the prod line
which in oz its great the rest of the world get the first off the line have all the faults which are then sorted by the time phase 2 are on the line

·
Registered
240 Posts
Hi Paul. Not too far away from you at Slacks Creek. Dad and I usually hang around Mt Tambo and the general area, he lives out that way. Good luck with the MV. Hopefully meet in person soon.

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Which Bike

Hi Paul,

Welcome to forum/family, it's always a pleasure to see another (about to become) MV nutter on our radar. :)

If your wife wants to ride two up with you a fair bit, I'd have a good look at 920 - it's a brilliant priced entry level MV and I think will serve you two up (if that's going to be most of your riding) better than an B3.

I am basing this assumption on the F3 (as I haven't ridden a B3) - it's cramped two up & whilst the B3 may be a little better it is still realtively small in size. I am not certain of the power curves for the B3 but if similar to F3 you will be doing a lot of gear changing to keep it happy two up. I think the 920 will give a more 'comfortable' ride without sacrificing the sporty MV feel & the four with a nice arrows exhaust will knock your socks off as well.

Just my 2 bobs worth - but ultimately, regardless of ANY shortcomings that ANY bike might have, you should always choose the bike that gives you a hard on - the rest you learn to live with. ;)

Cheers & welcome again.
Rob

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey guys, thanks for the welcomes and advise. I'm going to try and get a test ride on a 920 this weekend to see how it feels.

My wife will only be on the back maybe once every week or fortnight for 3 to 4 hour rides with breaks, so most riding will be done solo.

The 675 appealed to me for this reason, being lighter and more agile for the type of riding I'll be doing.

Anyway if I decide on the 675, the wait is going to kill me.

Hope to meet up with those that are local one day, maybe a group ride for Agusta owners that live in and around Brisbane, I'll have to wait till October though if I go the 675.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Paul - welcome to the family, you're not going to regret it.

You will buy the 920, you will not believe how smooth, light and utterly agile with pint point turn-in accuracy you'll get with an MV.

MVista (Rob) is absolutely spot on in his comments - the B3 looks fantastic but so does every MV :)

Cheers

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Hi Paul ,welcome,I am the crazy guy who uses weird tools to fix his brutale,See you soon up at Mt Glorious.ps:the 920 is a great bike, might suit 2 up better.
cheers eddy:):brutale:

·
Registered
329 Posts

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
great bike,well done.Ride baby Ride,disco inferno,crikey now that shows my age,oh the disco days,he he

cheers eddy:)

·
Registered
652 Posts
Congrats - low kms (only 2nd major service?) - wtach that rego label holder - the fuzz don't like them here

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yea, i knew they were a bit iffy. I called the local cop shop just to get clarification on the tube holders. Spoke to a motorcycle cop who said that they are illegal and would create unwanted attention. That will do me, it's coming off.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Congrats on the purchase, they're a great bike :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts