MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone
I am new to the forum ..... Currently ride a 06-S2R1000 (in the pass are 97-M750, 99-748, 03-M800 and 03-999) . Been thinking about selling my S2R for a 750 Brutale for my next bike. Any advise ?

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Welcome HPzie

The Brutale seems to be the bike of choice at the moment.

A very reliable, fun and powerful machine (910).

Any reason the 910 is not on your list ?

I'm sure the Brute owners on the forum will give you credible advise, good luck with, hopefully a new aquisition.

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
You'll love it!

Though personally, I prefer the 750, considering your past bikes the torque of the 910 might be more to your liking, either way they are both incredible machines, with just slight differences in power delivery.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Until now I have owned Honda's exclusively. I consider them to be well built and very dependable. Ergonomics fit me well. Trouble is, something was missing. I wanted a rocket ship that I could stare at for hours. While considering the Tuono (though somewhat ugly and too tall for me) I stumbled onto the Brutale. Just sitting on it felt great and the test ride had me grinning like nothing before. Though the imperfections discussed in this forum have me slightly concerned, the experience of ownership since August of this year has been more fullfilling than years of owning Hondas. I have often wondered if I would feel the same had I been riding other Italian bikes before the MV. Perhaps you can offer an opinion in the near future.

·
Registered
876 Posts
My Brutale ran about 195 degrees in the desert when it was new. Once it quit puking coolant it would go up to 220 at a traffic light. I added coolant to the full mark but it still reacts the same to lack of air flow through the radiator though it doesn't overflow. I bundled up and took it out a few nights ago with temps in the low 40's. It still ran 185 degrees at triple digit speeds. I get a new bike every 2 years to insure trouble-free long distance riding. I fear I may have let the heart rule the head at great expense as I don't have the luxury of owning multiple bikes. Strangely, I don't regret it for a moment. The rush of hitting the rev limiter in 6th gear in pitch black makes it seem like a trivial concern. Like a drug addict this fine machine consumes me and I am forced to accept my fate.

Or I'm just full of @#$%!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts