MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this thread I just purchased a 2009 MV Agusta Brutale 1078 RR! I love it! But I have a problem. I had started it earlier in the day and it started just fine. Later when I went to leave work I started it and it wouldn’t fire. Everything electrical appears to be working pulled the tank and filter box checked the plugs they are fine. Replaced all the fuses just to be sure. Replaced the battery...etc etc. but it still just will not fire it runs through the entire start up procedure fuel pump primes starter motor engages cranks the engine everything but no joy I’m getting spark( yes I have plenty of fuel) but it just won’t pop sprag gear is functioning, plugs are good, I guess my question is this. Could it be the tip sensor? Because it will even fire once from compression but won’t turn over.....it’s making me so sad any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
23,565 Posts
Good grief. First off welcome to the forum.

Where are you on this Big Blue Marble?

It is not your Tip Over Sensor.

My money is on the discharge hose from the fuel pump being disconnected...inside the tank.

Common issue.

·
Wing Nut
21,595 Posts
Welcome to the family..... and I concur with what silentservice703 says.

I've had it happen myself. I think the sudden pressure when the key is turned on and the pump primes, and the hose is slightly loose, is why it happens after you have ridden and shut the engine off with no problems and then won't restart.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts